Home

Drift fencing

Posted By: Throw Back

Drift fencing - 07/07/15 04:31 AM

I am having a heck of a time catching grubbing skunks, then I saw Comstocks article on using drift fence. It looked like a lot of work, but would really save me time in the end.

What do you guys make your drift fence out of?
Posted By: Kirk De

Re: Drift fencing - 07/07/15 10:50 AM

Many have posted. Here is a thread I remember with Warriors set.

http://www.trapperman.com/forum/ubbthrea...los#Post4648296
Posted By: Paul Winkelmann

Re: Drift fencing - 07/07/15 04:24 PM

Throw Back, I can't speak for everyone else because someone usually comes along with a better answer that I have never thought of but

here goes. We keep at least one 36 inch by 50 foot roll of the three most common types of cage wire. ( 1x1, 1x2, 1x1/2 inch ) If I

need fencing I just cut what I need. 1x2 is the most sensible for fencing for me. We also have all the tools necessary to make trap

repairs. We have a couple of local hardware stores that either have it in stock or can order it for us. I would imagine that you

should be able to buy chicken wire which will work just fine.
Posted By: Jim Comstock

Re: Drift fencing - 07/10/15 02:05 PM

Wonder what the name of the product is Warrior was using for fencing? Looks great, stretched tight, few stakes and the wind can blow through it, unlike solid. I know that fencing is for armadillos, but wondering if it would do the same for skunks. I would think so, but don't know for sure?
Posted By: TRapper

Re: Drift fencing - 07/10/15 02:59 PM

When i trapped armadillos in sw mo i used rabbit fence 3 foot tall...

Re: Drift fencing - 07/10/15 04:02 PM

A lesson learned on that job. We caught one raccoon after about a week. My tech shows up on the last day and sees her cat in the mulch causing the damage. He pulls back the mulch to find a mole run. She still doesn't think it's her cat, even caught red handed
Posted By: BigBob

Re: Drift fencing - 07/10/15 06:38 PM

NOT MY FLUFFY!

Re: Drift fencing - 07/11/15 08:57 PM

Paul, I thank you, but you're right,someone emailed me,better. He uses that Orange construction fence. Light, easy to work with, cheap, safe. I like,it
Posted By: Sweet Pea

Re: Drift fencing - 07/11/15 09:37 PM

I use rolls of 3 foot chicken wire
Posted By: Leary Sink

Re: Drift fencing - 07/14/15 04:45 AM

Throwback
The drift fencing can be found at Lowe's or Home Depot. You can get it in 3' & 4' heights and usually about 50' a roll. Get the metal stakes that come with it and you are set.
Most of the ones here sell it in orange. But you could probably order it in other colors.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums