Home

Momma raccoon releases

Posted By: Michigan Trappin

Momma raccoon releases - 07/05/15 09:52 PM

Had trouble with skunk trap being set off, so I put trail cam on it. Momma raccoon with four kits comes in and one of the kits gets in tube trap and sets it off. Momma spent 45 minutes trying get it out and after turning it on its side and gets door open and released the kit.
Posted By: Paul Winkelmann

Re: Momma raccoon releases - 07/05/15 10:48 PM

I usually leave a note for the raccoon that she should reset the trap for me. Hope this helps.

Re: Momma raccoon releases - 07/05/15 11:21 PM

Well on have signs on some of my traps. Like "woodchucks only". And these ones say "skunk trap" on them, I'm so tired of illiterate animals. Where are the educated ones?
Posted By: strike2x

Re: Momma raccoon releases - 07/05/15 11:25 PM

Is the trap made in USA or Korea. You might be writing notes in wrong language.

Re: Momma raccoon releases - 07/05/15 11:47 PM

USA Its the green PVC pipe trap
Posted By: TDHP

Re: Momma raccoon releases - 07/06/15 12:00 AM

Roll with the punches or stake them off and latch on to the handle, or drill holes through the metal frame on the ends and wire them to stakes. Might help in the future.
Posted By: strike2x

Re: Momma raccoon releases - 07/06/15 12:09 AM

If you are trapping in michigan then you should go to KFC and get some bones. for some reason skunks love em and coons wont touch them. just my experience.
Posted By: SNIPERBBB

Re: Momma raccoon releases - 07/06/15 12:58 AM

Originally Posted By: TDHP
Roll with the punches or stake them off and latch on to the handle, or drill holes through the metal frame on the ends and wire them to stakes. Might help in the future.

Or get traps with powered doors and dont worry about it.

Re: Momma raccoon releases - 07/06/15 02:51 PM

Powered doors don't mean a thing to our raccoons. If you don't have a good door stop, the cage will be empty. Last week a raccoon

ripped the screen right off of one of my powered door cages and was no where to be found when we checked the cage. Fortunately we

were trapping woodchucks so nothing was lost, but it did remind us to constantly check our raccoon cages for weaknesses. And the

funny part is, the big males are usually still in the cage; it's the lactating females that are the escape artists.

Re: Momma raccoon releases - 07/06/15 03:35 PM

Originally Posted By: strike2x
If you are trapping in michigan then you should go to KFC and get some bones. for some reason skunks love em and coons wont touch them. just my experience.

Stopping at KFC now, Crispy or Original recipe?

Re: Momma raccoon releases - 07/06/15 03:39 PM

I got original !!!

Re: Momma raccoon releases - 07/06/15 03:57 PM

I hope the reflection of that business card is for getting that crack in your windshield fixed. Our guys always wait until it looks

like they hit Spiderman before they let us know they were following too close to gravel trucks again.

Re: Momma raccoon releases - 07/06/15 05:22 PM

There's a crack in my windshield?

Just dropped off the remains of lunch

Re: Momma raccoon releases - 07/07/15 01:20 PM

Yep,
They rolled it again last night with the KFC bones in it, I might just tell the guy that if you want the skunk gone the coons gotta go first. Have any of you had to remove the coons before the skunk would get in?
Posted By: Sosalty

Re: Momma raccoon releases - 07/07/15 02:16 PM

Just started trapping and luckily snagged a coyote right away. Since then the coons have been picking up my foothold traps out from the water and placing 'em on the rocks in the creek without setting 'em off. They're laughing at me while gorging on the hot dogs.

Re: Momma raccoon releases - 07/07/15 03:35 PM

MT, I live just to the west of you, across that big puddle that they named after your state. I have to remove raccoons just to get

into the garage.
Posted By: Eric Arnold

Re: Momma raccoon releases - 07/07/15 03:40 PM

How are you making the set?
Posted By: TDHP

Re: Momma raccoon releases - 07/07/15 04:17 PM

Your Coons must be on the juice because if the frame is staked and wired the only way they would be able to roll that trap would be to remove the door from the pvc. Then again your coons might carry a tool pouch.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums