Home

New to ADC...info needed

Posted By: DrewMan16

New to ADC...info needed - 07/02/15 05:41 PM

I asked a guy to fox trap and he said i can as long as i helped him with some ground hogs....i am new to trapping ground hogs and all i have that i think will work are brand new duke 110's...are these enough?...my main question is if i need any special licence to do ADC or is this not considered ADC...thanks
Posted By: BigBob

Re: New to ADC...info needed - 07/02/15 06:14 PM

IMO: 110's are pretty marginal to inadequate for Marmots.
I would consider that to be ADC work, and you would need to check with your states DNR for requirements.
Posted By: Paul Winkelmann

Re: New to ADC...info needed - 07/02/15 06:17 PM

I don't know about PA but in Wisconsin the landowner can remove animals causing damage without a license. And since you're not being

paid for removing the woodchucks you're not doing ADC work either. But you need to check PA regulations.
Posted By: BigBob

Re: New to ADC...info needed - 07/02/15 07:07 PM

IMO: Paid or not, removing animals in the off season is ADC. Do GH's have a season there?
Posted By: Michigan Trappin

Re: New to ADC...info needed - 07/02/15 07:10 PM

Check your regs. Here we can hunt/trap ground hogs all year

Re: New to ADC...info needed - 07/02/15 07:19 PM

Big Bob, of course you are right. The point I was trying to make is that doing it for free will sometimes mean no license is

required. Again, checking regs should clarify.

Re: New to ADC...info needed - 07/02/15 07:52 PM

From what ive found they are open all season for hunting so i presume trapping as well. Ill keep looking but thanks for the info.
Posted By: LAtrapper

Re: New to ADC...info needed - 07/02/15 08:45 PM

Contact the PENNSELVIA GAME COMMISSION for current information.

Subchapter T. NUISANCE WILDLIFE CONTROL OPERATOR- http://www.pacode.com/secure/data/058/chapter147/subchapTtoc.html

Contact information- http://www.portal.state.pa.us/portal/server.pt?open=514&objID=562928&mode=2 It would probably be best to contact your regional office or local game warden.
Posted By: Eric Arnold

Re: New to ADC...info needed - 07/03/15 01:29 PM

Don't make any assumptions that trapping and hunting rules are identical. In Ohio, ground hogs can be hunted year round (except during gun deer season) but the trapping season with lethal traps is from March 1 - September 30. This isn't common information written in the hunting/trapping regulation book. Rather, it is found in the administrative code that contains all of the hunting/trapping regulations.
Posted By: marathonman

Re: New to ADC...info needed - 07/03/15 02:38 PM

You will need a Nuisance Wildlife Control Operator permit to use conibears on dry land in PA.To be on the right side of this call your local game warden/regional office.I am sure he will set you straight.Do not jeopardize your regular trapping license over this and beside that 110's are undersize to do the job properly imo.
Posted By: traprjohn

Re: New to ADC...info needed - 07/03/15 02:57 PM

Originally Posted By: DrewMan16
presume

Never do this.

110's are too small IMO.

Call your LOCAL CO, so he is on board and KNOWS you want to abide by your laws. Having a good relationship with him could easily give you more business or land to trap in the long run.

Re: New to ADC...info needed - 07/03/15 07:12 PM

Add another spring to your 110 and you will have a 120 that works just fine on woodchucks.

Re: New to ADC...info needed - 07/04/15 04:05 AM

Ill contact him
© 2024 Trapperman Forums