Home

tiny brown ants?

Posted By: white marlin

tiny brown ants? - 06/22/15 10:23 AM

I live in SW PA and our kitchen just got invaded by these.

I know we'll have to re-double our efforts to keep even tiny food spills cleaned up 100 percent, but what else do you recommend as a treatment in a food area?

btw...we didn't have a problem until our soil was saturated by rain...but they're here now!

Thanks!
Posted By: HD_Wildlife

Re: tiny brown ants? - 06/22/15 03:04 PM

The over the counter so to speak any liquid gels at big box stores placed near travel paths will sort it out in short order.
We get the little ants every year a couple of times, have worked toward sealing then out but the little dessicated gels work well.

My .02, I'm not a pest control guy so just what I see has worked for DIY in my own home.
Posted By: Vincenator

Re: tiny brown ants? - 06/23/15 01:35 AM

Most likely a batch of odorous house ants.Squish a couple of the ants between your fingers and smell them.If they give off a pineapple like smell,some people say banana or other sweet smell,then that is what you have. Using Tero will remove some of them,but not get to the colony.Go outside and look under rocks, leaves,mulch, boards etc.Follow the ants .Where are they going,comming from?You need to use a better product than Home Defense or similar department store products.Go to a farm store and look for Talstar.It is a liquid concentrate pesticide .Follow the label for application.Do not deviate from the instructions!This is a broad spectrum pesticide that may also be used indoors.There are better products out there but not obtained without a licence.
Hope this helps you out.
Posted By: white marlin

Re: tiny brown ants? - 06/23/15 01:55 AM

appreciate the replies, guys!

Thanks!
Posted By: Paul Winkelmann

Re: tiny brown ants? - 06/23/15 02:36 PM

Vincenator's answer was why I don't respond to some questions. Just because I have a pest control license doesn't mean I know what

I'm talking about. Vicenator was right on the money with his answer and he also showed why farmers are rarely customers.
Posted By: Boco

Re: tiny brown ants? - 06/23/15 02:46 PM

Pissmires.
Posted By: BigBob

Re: tiny brown ants? - 06/24/15 09:08 PM

50/50 mix of Sugar and Borax, in water. Boil till all dissolved, place in small bottle caps and put out where the ants are running. They will take it home and kill off the whole nest.
Posted By: Vincenator

Re: tiny brown ants? - 06/27/15 02:52 AM

Awesome Bob! one of my regional mgrs. told me back in the day they used borate and peanut butter as ant bait.Not much commercial bait then so the made their own.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums