Home

On the Lighter Side

Posted By: Jim Comstock

On the Lighter Side - 06/21/15 01:22 PM

I'll bet others have had some funny things happen when taking calls. Of course Judy and I are always friendly and cordial when answering wildlife calls, but... The other day I got a call, noticed the last four digits matched Judy's number and answered, "Hello honey." It wasn't Judy on the other end, but a fellow with a skunk issue with the last four digits of his phone number matching Judy's. Never noticed the first three, oops. There were a few moments of awkward silence with a bit of explaining to follow. Bet he never had anyone call him "Honey" on a skunk call.
Posted By: Paul Winkelmann

Re: On the Lighter Side - 06/21/15 03:15 PM

So not only did Jim get a skunk job but he also has a date for next Saturday. Okay, this is not ADC related but I'll tell you anyway.

The grandkids were over and were playing a game of Duck, Duck, Goose, which I had never seen before. So to add some authenticity to

the whole thing, I went downstairs and found my old calls. Did you ever hear kids that are two, four, five, and seven, blowing on

duck and goose calls. The kids thought that I was the coolest grampa on the planet. Their parents, not so much!
Posted By: Vinke

Re: On the Lighter Side - 06/21/15 04:08 PM

"You can call me Flower if ya want to........."
Posted By: HD_Wildlife

Re: On the Lighter Side - 06/21/15 04:18 PM

I have more than a few clients who text with me.
Texting is a quick way when you aren't paying attention and have multiple people writing you
to do some goofy things.

Last year I was helping the friend of a friend with a rock squirrel issue.

My wife had texted me too and I whipped off a quick text saying something like

"Hey sweet thing, how about I pickup a movie and dinner on my way home."

What I received back said "that sounds great but I'm not sure my wife will approve."

I'm f course I realized instead of holly my text went to Pete, who fortunately has a great sense of humor...

Not he only time I've messed up texting with multiple folks...
Posted By: NV man

Re: On the Lighter Side - 06/21/15 06:55 PM

Had a guy supposedly get my number from the poison control center. He supposedly was bitten by a snake and wanted to know if it was poisonous. He texted me several crappy photos and then proceded to tell me in great idiotic detail how he lost his little finger to a rattlesnake bite a few years ago. I'm still not sure if it was a prank from one of my friends or if its one of those things you can't fix. I didn't take the job, but I hope it was a prank.
Posted By: hvtrapper

Re: On the Lighter Side - 06/21/15 10:49 PM

Originally Posted By: Paul Winkelmann
So not only did Jim get a skunk job but he also has a date for next Saturday. Okay, this is not ADC related but I'll tell you anyway.

The grandkids were over and were playing a game of Duck, Duck, Goose, which I had never seen before. So to add some authenticity to

the whole thing, I went downstairs and found my old calls. Did you ever hear kids that are two, four, five, and seven, blowing on

duck and goose calls. The kids thought that I was the coolest grampa on the planet. Their parents, not so much!

My granddaughters could join your grandkids for a symphony in quack major.........Never should've showed the youngest how to howl like a coyote, though.
Posted By: Paul Winkelmann

Re: On the Lighter Side - 06/23/15 07:18 PM

Today I had a bat call where the bat was between the inside front door and the outside screen door. I was very cautious as I opened

up the outside door. But the job got a whole lot easier because the customer closed the door on the bats wing.
Posted By: EatenByLimestone

Re: On the Lighter Side - 06/23/15 07:38 PM

Thank you, that will be $200...
Posted By: EatenByLimestone

Re: On the Lighter Side - 06/23/15 07:43 PM

Coworker texted me an intimate message meant for his girlfriend. After replying back to him I was nice and didn't show the other guys. Dirt like that should be kept close in case you need it later!
Posted By: BigBob

Re: On the Lighter Side - 06/24/15 09:04 PM

Don't ask, don't tell!
© 2024 Trapperman Forums