New gopher traps. CHEAP!

https://www.facebook.com/RantLifestyle/videos/460778510751396/

laugh Charlie
Posted By: BigBob

Re: New Gopher Traps - 06/08/15 08:17 PM

Who knew???
Posted By: LAtrapper

Re: New Gopher Traps - 06/08/15 09:41 PM

The “gopher” in the milk jug looks more like a thirteen lined ground squirrel, (
http://www.ianrpubs.unl.edu/pages/publicationD.jsp?publicationId=1204), rather than a pocket gopher.

I used to do something very similar with thirteen lined ground squirrels at a golf driving range in Salina, Kansas during the mid- 1950s; that was before plastic milk bottles were in use. Milk was sold in reusable glass jugs. The driving range was isolated from reinfection, as it was surrounded on all sides by a children’s playground, businesses and housing areas.

I would carry buckets of water out to the holes, pour it in, and then grab the ground squirrels around the neck (got bit a few times too). The ground squirrels were then permanently “relocated”. Oh, to be a kid again! smile
Posted By: chas3457

Re: New Gopher Traps - 06/08/15 09:53 PM

Yup, LAtrapper, That's what it looked like to me too. We just call em gophers anyway. smile I have no idea of the who or where, in that video, but I thought it was pretty funny.

When I was in grade school (50 + years ago), we had a long handled water pump in the school yard and a bucket. Recess was a lot of fun in those days. laugh

Charlie
Posted By: Getting There

Re: New Gopher Traps - 06/08/15 11:26 PM

I have heard of this before but they say you have to do it right after the 13 LGS goes in the hole.
Ev.
Posted By: Paul Winkelmann

Re: New Gopher Traps - 06/09/15 01:50 AM

Charlie, you brought back some memories. They started taking down the open stalls for the horses when I started grade school. Seems

by 1949 no one used a buggy or rode a horse to school any more. The amazing thing is, we probably have 25 times more people, but 100

times more wildlife now than we did in the early 50s.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums