Home

Terrible Phone Service

Posted By: Paul Winkelmann

Terrible Phone Service - 06/07/15 01:18 AM

We've been having trouble with Uverse. The guy came out today and said he figured he'd taken care of our problems. The computer,

the TV, and the ATT phone work now. The only problem is, he screwed up the other lines and we will have no service ( And no

business ) until Monday morning. I am wondering if there is something more intelligent that I need to do to see that this doesn't

happen again? We can't even get the non-working lines transferred to our cell phones. I didn't realize that in this day and age,

stuff like this could still happen. Pardon me; I see a smoke signal in the distance and I have to go and answer it.
Posted By: Bob Jameson

Re: Terrible Phone Service - 06/07/15 01:25 AM

We have cable phone service and I have our land line business number calls forwarded to a designated cell phone for all incoming calls. So if the cable system goes down for what ever reason and it has many times since we had rolled over to it, we still get our incoming calls to our cell phones.
Posted By: Throw Back

Re: Terrible Phone Service - 06/07/15 02:20 AM

I switched to smoke signals two years ago paul, never looked back. Business went down a little, but I also didnt have a phone bill, so it balaced out
Posted By: DaveK

Re: Terrible Phone Service - 06/07/15 04:27 PM

I think we debated this topic last year. There is a downside to having a phone server room in the house....rather than a cloud based system.

Re: Terrible Phone Service - 06/07/15 10:28 PM

Dave, once this thing gets resolved, I may have some helpful information on what not to do with your landlines.

Re: Terrible Phone Service - 06/09/15 02:38 AM

We had two AT&T guys here most of the day. They fixed the TVs, and fixed four out of the five landlines and then told me to get

another company in to fix the last line. I went upstairs, took the line out of the main phone, reconnected it and everything has

worked fine since. My confidence in repairmen has received a serious setback.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums