Home

Trap thief

Posted By: RF Wildlife

Trap thief - 06/05/15 06:52 PM

I had a new comstock trap taken today, and the woodchuck released. I found the trap thief, but no trap apparently he is going to buy me a new one. Amazing what asking around the neighborhood telling them the laws broken and saying a game camera was set up will get you:) Sucks that I have to make another two trips to the place to get the last one, but betting he will never touch a trap that does not belong to him again.
Posted By: Paul Winkelmann

Re: Trap thief - 06/05/15 07:24 PM

Finally one for our side. What bothers me is that most of the time these morons actually believe that they are protecting wildlife

and doing a good thing by pilfering our cages.
Posted By: Albert Burns

Re: Trap thief - 06/05/15 07:47 PM

I'm pretty level headed, and for the most part can remain professional under some tough conditions , anyone that's been around a long time knows you can run into some very interesting situations.. One thing I can not take are stupid people, especially one that would interfere with my job by releasing the woodchuck, trespass on my customers property, and steal something that I use to make a living with. I have to congratulate you on the way you handled it, very professionally. While I would like to think that in the same situation I would also be able to do the same, I'm afraid there would be an excellent chance his dentist would finally be able to afford that retirement home he always wanted.
Posted By: Paul Winkelmann

Re: Trap thief - 06/05/15 08:19 PM

Albert, if it was an old Havahart, I might let it pass, but a new Comstock? I think I might have had to get my hand bandaged also!
Posted By: crow1971

Re: Trap thief - 06/05/15 08:21 PM

Quote:
Amazing what asking around the neighborhood telling them the laws broken and saying a game camera was set up will get you:)
I've used that line myself, works every time!
Posted By: G Hanold

Re: Trap thief - 06/05/15 10:07 PM

I hope you also collected for the amount you loss for the catch and a new set up fee, since you're now redoing the work?
Posted By: RF Wildlife

Re: Trap thief - 06/06/15 01:01 AM

Pretty sure it was the guys girlfriend. She came up saying she was an animal lover. They did not notice the other 4 traps on the backside of the house that had the mother and two young in them. I told them that whoever released the young one sentenced him to death as the mom and other two are being released onto state land. After saying that the girlfriend turned and went back to their house in tears. I will be glad to just get a trap back G Hanold, they both seemed to be on something at 10 AM when I talked to them.

I was angry, but a $120.00 trap (with shipping) and a few extra trips are not worth an assault charge IMO:)
Posted By: BigBob

Re: Trap thief - 06/06/15 05:48 PM

Originally Posted By: RF Wildlife
I was angry, but a $120.00 trap (with shipping) and a few extra trips are not worth an assault charge IMO:)

Satisfaction, priceless.
Posted By: bluebill

Re: Trap thief - 06/06/15 09:46 PM

Had a lady release a woodchuck once. I told her i couldnt get it in a live trap again to relocate it so now i was going to kill it in a body grip. She got mad but then cried when i explained to her it was her fault. Made my day.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums