Home

Animal Non-protectionist

Posted By: Paul Winkelmann

Animal Non-protectionist - 05/22/15 02:59 AM

Okay, you guys probably know that our eldest grandson is graduating from high school this weekend and that we are throwing a party

for him. My daughter ordered a roast pig from friends of hers and went over and took a picture of the live pig so she could hang it

up so people could know who they were eating. ( The pig's name was Bricks )
Posted By: Michigan Trappin

Re: Animal Non-protectionist - 05/22/15 03:30 PM

Might freak some people out, But nobody's making them eat it. Hope he is washed up for the photo. And add some lipstick. Lol
Posted By: EatenByLimestone

Re: Animal Non-protectionist - 05/22/15 04:19 PM

*shrug*

Meat has to come from somewhere.

I think it would be more interesting to walk him around to meet everybody before you take him out back...
Posted By: warrior

Re: Animal Non-protectionist - 05/22/15 07:25 PM

Funny thing is I grew up knowing most of my meals by name. Daddy raised cattle, chickens and rabbits plus had an uncle that raised a few hogs. I learned early on not to play with your food.

It really bothers me today to be around people who can look at a cow and not see ribeye. It almost like they came from another planet.
Posted By: BigBob

Re: Animal Non-protectionist - 05/22/15 09:01 PM

That's why in 4H, a kid has to raise and care for an animal from birth to market. I understand there's a lot of tears involved at the end.

Re: Animal Non-protectionist - 05/23/15 12:56 AM

David, do you think that's why dear old dad would holler at me when he'd catch me riding the pigs? ( If you never tried to ride a

pig, believe me, it's a very short ride and when you fall off in the pig manure dear old mom would have some words of wisdom also )
Posted By: warrior

Re: Animal Non-protectionist - 05/23/15 01:52 AM

Never rode a pig but calves were fun.

Re: Animal Non-protectionist - 05/23/15 02:54 AM

One day he came into the barn and I was sitting on a bull. I think that's just about the time he decided to get me a horse.
Posted By: trapperpaw

Re: Animal Non-protectionist - 05/23/15 02:57 AM

Paul one animal u should never "ride" is a pig. They will squeal on you!
Posted By: Muddawg

Re: Animal Non-protectionist - 05/24/15 10:08 PM

grin

I remember riding the pigs when I was a kid. You had to watch out for the ones that would bite, though.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums