Home

NYS ADC Test

Posted By: Silk

NYS ADC Test - 05/19/15 01:38 PM

Hello gentlemen,

I am interested in obtaining my Nuisance Wildlife Control License for NY. After looking on the NYSDEC website I am overwhelmed by the amount of information covered by the exam; passing grade of 80% seems to be a daunting task. Can anyone provide me with some guidance on what information to focus on or explain what might appear on the test?

I do not intend to start an ADC business or make any money with this license. Simply want to help some friends with their beaver problems and would like to keep things legal.

Thank You,

Silk
Posted By: Paul Winkelmann

Re: NYS ADC Test - 05/19/15 01:56 PM

Not sure about New York, but in Wisconsin you can help a friend get rid of nuisance beaver without anything but a trapping license as

long as no money is involved.
Posted By: Cole S

Re: NYS ADC Test - 05/19/15 02:10 PM

Originally Posted By: Paul Winkelmann
Not sure about New York, but in Wisconsin you can help a friend get rid of nuisance beaver without anything but a trapping license as

Yep it's the same here in GA
Posted By: EatenByLimestone

Re: NYS ADC Test - 05/19/15 04:06 PM

I don't remember the nuisance wildlife license being too bad. It was mostly common sense. Feel free to PM me with any questions.

The structural pesticide was more intimidating.

Re: NYS ADC Test - 05/19/15 04:08 PM

Originally Posted By: Paul Winkelmann

Out of trapping season you'll need a permit from DEC to get rid of the beaver.
Posted By: Paul Winkelmann

Re: NYS ADC Test - 05/20/15 02:47 AM

Eaten, you're right about the structural pest license. The mosquito spray test is even worse. When I sent my 4.0 grandson to take

it, I told him to introduce himself to the test administrator, who happens to be my old high school science teacher. Now I'm in

pretty good shape for 72 but how old must my teachers be? ( My grandson aced the test just like I figured he would ) Now he can pay

for his college tuition by spraying mosquitoes.
Posted By: DannyM

Re: NYS ADC Test - 05/20/15 07:41 PM

Originally Posted By: Silk
Hello gentlemen,

I am interested in obtaining my Nuisance Wildlife Control License for NY. After looking on the NYSDEC website I am overwhelmed by the amount of information covered by the exam; passing grade of 80% seems to be a daunting task. Can anyone provide me with some guidance on what information to focus on or explain what might appear on the test?

I do not intend to start an ADC business or make any money with this license. Simply want to help some friends with their beaver problems and would like to keep things legal.

Thank You,

Silk

You are in NY DEC Region 9:
Buffalo Headquarters
270 Michigan Avenue
Buffalo, NY 14203
(716) 851-7000
Hours: 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM, Monday through Friday

OR

Region 9's Allegany Sub-Office is located on the Saint Bonaventure University Campus, at:
182 East Union Street, Suite 3
Allegany, NY 14706
(716) 372-0645
Posted By: Miley

Re: NYS ADC Test - 05/22/15 09:14 PM

This is the reference book you will need to take the open book test. It's a 300 page or so textbook. good luck to you!
Posted By: Kurt in Va

Re: NYS ADC Test - 05/22/15 10:04 PM

There is also this training
http://store.nwctp.com/products/nys-wco-certification-training Cost 200.00

Kurt Temple

Re: NYS ADC Test - 05/23/15 01:02 AM

I just downloaded it from the dec website. But I'm cheap.
Posted By: Kurt in Va

Re: NYS ADC Test - 05/23/15 04:15 PM

Yea, I downloaded that also lots of good info. If the free one gets you through the test that's great!

Kurt Temple
Posted By: bobsheedy

Re: NYS ADC Test - 05/23/15 05:03 PM

I don't believe that you need a Nuisance Wildlife license in NY if you're not charging money and the animal doesn't leave the property. The landowner/manager must get a permit from DEC for beaver removal. Then you may assist them with the removal.
Posted By: Silk

Re: NYS ADC Test - 05/25/15 12:13 PM

Thank you all for the information! I had no clue it was an open book test. I may have to get ahold of one of those manuals and get the ball rolling. I'll do a little more research into the nuisance beaver permits for landowners, seem like the cheaper and less stressful alternative. Thanks again for the help I appreciate it!

Re: NYS ADC Test - 05/26/15 10:23 PM

If you take the test, know it. You won't have time to look up every answer.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums