Home

Animal Suicide?

Posted By: Paul Winkelmann

Animal Suicide? - 05/18/15 12:16 AM

I've noticed so many dead animals in a 24 hour period that I thought I should ask about it. These are all roads that I had traveled

the day before so I know for certain that all of the car kills were fresh. Two deer, a couple opossum, a couple grey squirrels, a

goose, a turkey, 2 muskrats, several raccoon, a raptor, and three woodchucks, which is really unusual for around here. I should

probably also mention that I caught two raccoons in traps that were previously empty for over two weeks. It got warmer, but other

than that we've had no real weather changes. Dead animals in the road are common but I've never noticed so many so fast. Any ideas?
Posted By: TRapper

Re: Animal Suicide? - 05/18/15 03:26 AM

Pressure systems been weird into wisconsin and minnesota last 2 nights...animals sense it and move more...trappers love it during fur season
Posted By: NE Wildlife

Re: Animal Suicide? - 05/18/15 12:18 PM

Yeah probably had to do with the storm and
The tornado warnings that went through north of you.
No dead mink paul.
Posted By: SNIPERBBB

Re: Animal Suicide? - 05/18/15 07:49 PM

Turtles, dead and soon-to-be dead, and dead snakes were all over the roads this morning.
Posted By: BigBob

Re: Animal Suicide? - 05/18/15 09:46 PM

Maybe they heard that pita was gonna come through there and "Help" them as soon as enough dumpster space could be located, and they just gave up!
Posted By: Vinke

Re: Animal Suicide? - 05/20/15 02:55 AM

time of the year,,,,calls start up soon after....Hate coons,,,,,,,,,,......
Posted By: Dave Schmidt

Re: Animal Suicide? - 05/20/15 03:17 AM

Starting to see the mile markers (dead dillers), some deer and box turtles. The turtles get a free ride to the side of the road if I get a chance to stop for 'em.
Posted By: Paul Winkelmann

Re: Animal Suicide? - 05/20/15 05:01 AM

Vinke, I keep two raccoon cages set to protect the eggs and the food of a pair of trumpeter swans. I had both cages filled today. The

last raccoon I caught there was April 13th. The only difference is the swans are nesting now.
Posted By: BigBob

Re: Animal Suicide? - 05/20/15 06:44 PM

Buddy and I went camping to Johnson's Shut in's State park in the 70's, and picked up 17 turtles on 21 Hwy, Put them in his MGB, when we got there we turned them all loose in the parking lot, and watched the stampede! LOL
© 2024 Trapperman Forums