Home

Breaking News

Posted By: Paul Winkelmann

Breaking News - 05/12/15 03:39 PM

We just received a job to retrieve a wounded goose from the flat roof of a department store. The electricians were up there to fix

the heating/air conditioning and saw it lying up there all stretched out. So what is going to happen when our technician goes up

there to help this poor wounded goose? I'll be awaiting your answers and let you know what happened.
Posted By: Michigan Trappin

Re: Breaking News - 05/12/15 03:42 PM

It's gonna be (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman) if you drive it off of its nest?
Posted By: bjansma

Re: Breaking News - 05/12/15 03:46 PM

Hope you got the credit card swiped before it flew away?
Posted By: BigBob

Re: Breaking News - 05/12/15 06:43 PM

Bet it's setting on a pile of eggs.
Posted By: cjoutdoors

Re: Breaking News - 05/13/15 12:35 AM

stretched out and standing up? defending nest. but from that description id say its dead as a doornail
Posted By: Jonesie

Re: Breaking News - 05/13/15 01:35 AM

grab the eggs and have the vid running so you get it when the second goose crashes into your tech and he screams like a girl.

Re: Breaking News - 05/13/15 03:30 AM

Good one Jonesie. Two great minds. I already told the tech what to expect and that he better be comfortable going up there or I would

send somebody else. I'll find out tomorrow.
Posted By: EatenByLimestone

Re: Breaking News - 05/13/15 11:00 AM

Originally Posted By: Jonesie
grab the eggs and have the vid running so you get it when the second goose crashes into your tech and he screams like a girl.

+1

I'd do it though. It can't be any worse than when the pelican went after me.

Re: Breaking News - 05/13/15 02:49 PM

Okay, those of you that thought she was stretched out on a nest of eggs are the winners. Our technician removed himself from the roof

without any injuries. The customer didn't have a removal permit so mom and eggs are still up there. Maybe they'll get a permit after

the eggs hatch. We make a lot more money from chicks than we do from eggs.

Re: Breaking News - 05/13/15 08:20 PM

Do you need a permit to scramble the eggs? Not for breakfast, so they can't hatch, so the parent will delay relaying.

Re: Breaking News - 05/14/15 01:42 AM

We do Bob, and I will never understand why. Or why the states can't regulate them into extinction. These are the offspring of the

Greater Canada goose that was thought to be extinct but a large flock was found on a lake that never freezes in Minnesota in the late

fifties. Since these geese never migrate, why are they federally protected? At least they spread them all over the place so that we

could all suffer equally. A bird that was always sporting to hunt, can now be killed by the dozens walking across the road.

Re: Breaking News - 05/14/15 05:59 PM

We have a breeding population of Maxima's here too. They nest in St. Charles county, mo, and on the bluffs in Alton, Ill/Mo. Lots-O-Fun during the hunting season.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums