Home

The Homeless Problem Keeps Growing

Posted By: Muddawg

The Homeless Problem Keeps Growing - 05/11/15 04:27 PM

Went to check a job where the lady says there's a wild animal under her house.
This is what I find.

Crap.... That's all I need.

Anyway, being as how the animal shelter ain't open on Sundays, this little girl wound up at my house.

Well, our cat don't want any room mates and this thing wouldn't even make a good snack for my dog. As sweet as she is, she can't stay here! So...... anybody want a kitten?

We've plastered Facebook with this picture begging for a home. I fear if somebody don't speak up real soon, she'll have to go to the County Lock-up.
Posted By: Michigan Trappin

Re: The Homeless Problem Keeps Growing - 05/11/15 06:52 PM

Yep had one of those viscous creatures in my garage one time. Wife a daughter had both seen it a couple times so I went in after it. Pulled that little bugger out of stack of tires.

Had it for quite a few years

And sorry. But I don't want that one
Posted By: Paul Winkelmann

Re: The Homeless Problem Keeps Growing - 05/11/15 07:58 PM

By the looks of that cats eyes she needs a trip to the vet.
Posted By: Boco

Re: The Homeless Problem Keeps Growing - 05/11/15 09:08 PM

Yea,whats wrong with it's eyes.A shot to the head with a claw hammer may be the best thing for that poor animal.

Re: The Homeless Problem Keeps Growing - 05/11/15 10:26 PM

Yeah, she's got a little infection going on. Her eyes are matted and she's got a little rattle in her breathing. It's the same thing I've seen on hundreds of kitten when they've been neglected. Where I found her was under a house where it was damp and moldy on one side and dusty on the other.

A trip to the vet would clear it right up. Many times I've seen them beat it in time. Just getting some food in her seems to have helped a lot.
Posted By: Bob Jameson

Re: The Homeless Problem Keeps Growing - 05/11/15 11:53 PM

I would be cautious with potential feral cats as they can carry many diseases.

Feline distemper, Feline Herpes, upper respiratory ailments and pink eye are some possibilities that could explain a kittens symptoms. Some are contagious to humans as well. Bacterial infections are also prevalent in feral or unvaccinated felines.

Just some words of caution. All is not what it seems at times. Cats can be more infectious hosts then some wild animals.
Posted By: Coondog6

Re: The Homeless Problem Keeps Growing - 05/12/15 12:18 AM

Distemper

Re: The Homeless Problem Keeps Growing - 05/12/15 01:23 AM

Yep, I agree with Coondog. My old man always had a dozen cats in his barn and they seemed to take turns getting distemper. He had his

own syringe and would give them a shot of Cambiotic and they'd usually make it.
Posted By: SNIPERBBB

Re: The Homeless Problem Keeps Growing - 05/12/15 01:25 AM

Feline leukemia is another issue...seems like you just can never get rid of it once it gets hold of a locality.

Re: The Homeless Problem Keeps Growing - 05/12/15 03:59 AM

Yeah, I'm familiar with all the dangers. But after getting some food in her and getting some drops in her eyes, she's looking better all the time. She's got enough energy back that's she's starting to be a handful now.

We took her to Scouts tonight and one of our Scout moms is very interested in taking her. She may have a new home before Wednesday. grin

If not, our vet lady said that she would place her for us.

Made the mistake of showing her to my Ma tonight. She may wind up there! My wife is even tempted to send our old hateful, aggravating Tom cat away and keep her herself! eek

Re: The Homeless Problem Keeps Growing - 05/12/15 03:58 PM

Good luck! Some ignorant city folks dropped a female and two kittens off by us years ago. I guess they weren't real ignorant because

they found the right suckers. That female was one of the best mousers I've ever seen.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums