Home

Door hangers

Posted By: Throw Back

Door hangers - 05/08/15 05:35 AM

Anyone use them?

I feel like they could bring in mole and gopher jobs, but maybe they are a nuisance?
Posted By: EatenByLimestone

Re: Door hangers - 05/08/15 09:53 AM

We throw a bag with labels on the door if it's an initial service and nobody is home.
Posted By: Getting There

Re: Door hangers - 05/08/15 11:42 AM

I use them to leave a note that I have been there if not a home. For adv. I do not think they work that well. JMO
Posted By: Mike K.

Re: Door hangers - 05/08/15 10:03 PM

I dislike them but will stick a biz card between the door and weather stripping. Spend the money on lawn signs and tack them up on poles at stop signs. You'll get a lot of impressions before they are taken down or blow away but I've had some stay up for months.
Posted By: GomerPyle746

Re: Door hangers - 05/11/15 09:20 PM

Keep in mind that if you have a lot of vacation home owners in your areas, those things are magnets for thieves noted that no one is home.
Posted By: travellintrapper

Re: Door hangers - 05/12/15 03:56 AM

mike, I did just that on a wooden power pole and promptly got a call from our local coop and had the vp who is a friend of my dads not intervened on my behalf they were talking about charging me with some bs trespassing charges for putting a nail into the pole.

every year for the past 4 years I get 100 yard signs made up and stick them out. heck I probably only put out about 75 of the ones I had last year, but already put out 25 of the news ones that came last week. Every year I go with something different and every year I make money of the investment. I get the signs made up one color, one side 18x24 with stands for $3 ea to my door if I order 100. what the heck, its $300 and it always gets me new customers.

I had 5000 brochures made up for $400 or so and stick one in every piece of mail I send out, even with bills. Heck I bet I have customers who have had 4 or 5 of these things int he past couple years. When I first got them I brushed my teeth, washed the truck and spent 3 days driving around the ritzy lakes banging on doors. Within 1 hour I booked a flyer job on a huge log house- over $4k on that one job. I did that last spring and I still get calls from the initial handouts. with the 5000 brochures I also ordered 3000 clear plastic bags to hold them, with a hole to go over a door knob. They do work well but I did have someone call me and ask to never do that again on their house because it did signal to others that they weren't home. I didn't mention to them that the fact that their driveway wasn't plowed all winter may also be a "sign" but they did hire me to remove bats out of their lake home so they couldn't have been too jazzed.
Posted By: travellintrapper

Re: Door hangers - 05/12/15 04:00 AM

the one thing ill say is in all my sales training you need to follow up somehow with your initial contact. if you are going to put a door hanging brochure up be sure to call that person later or send them a letter following up.

Sometimes if im in a new area and I see some awesome houses with serious bat potential ill write down the addresses if I have time and later look up who owns the house and then send them a very short intro letter with a brochure. on my note I tell them that I personally will be following up with them via phone in a week or so. its pretty surprising how many jobs you can sell that way and its also a way to pass the time when I get slow.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums