Home

who uses dunniers panel system on beaver

Posted By: TRapper

who uses dunniers panel system on beaver - 05/05/15 09:49 PM

Was going to put in a 4 trap pannel set up but dang only water deep enough to submerge trap in center and only just width of trap....rest of canal is about 5 foot deep...decieving....here is set up with one trap and dive poles...warning signs in area
Posted By: Paul Winkelmann

Re: who uses dunniers panel system on beaver - 05/05/15 10:56 PM

Is that the system where you put up fake wood paneling inside of their lodge and it drives them crazy?
Posted By: ETexTrapper

Re: who uses dunniers panel system on beaver - 05/06/15 12:28 AM

I use it but only when I can drive close to the spot. Use it more when it's cooler when my turtle population isn't as active. I've used the cheap woven wire also.
Posted By: Coondog6

Re: who uses dunniers panel system on beaver - 05/06/15 02:12 AM

I have used it several times. It is effective but, labor intensive. If you lay a heavy layer of material (sticks, saplings, weeds) on top of the water for about 10 foot length you can get the beavers to dive to the bottom of the creek bed.
Posted By: Michigan Trappin

Re: who uses dunniers panel system on beaver - 05/06/15 03:53 PM

Can you explain this method or make a drawing thx
Posted By: TDHP

Re: who uses dunniers panel system on beaver - 05/06/15 04:14 PM

Why not use a bailey with an extended wire trigger turned w/e so it sees less of the trap on its way through? Looks like a nice little spot for a couple bailey traps due to it being shallow, and less labor involved as well.
Posted By: Barehunter

Re: who uses dunniers panel system on beaver - 05/06/15 09:03 PM

What are "dunnier panels"? Do you have a 330 in the center? How about using cage trap or traps in the center? I am a big drift fence fan.

Re: who uses dunniers panel system on beaver - 05/07/15 12:16 AM

Because of all the flippin geese...footholds, cage, and snares are out of the question

Had the adult female today....glad i caught her first....this is the only spot deep enough to submerge a trap...iowa law...and very rocky...then gets deep in a hurry
Posted By: ETexTrapper

Re: who uses dunniers panel system on beaver - 05/07/15 03:34 AM

They are pieces of hog or cattle panels. Jeff Dunnier explains them in detail in his book.

Re: who uses dunniers panel system on beaver - 05/07/15 03:02 PM

Another adult beaver...i added one more trap today to the fence
© 2024 Trapperman Forums