Home

web page & advertising

Posted By: iayogi17

web page & advertising - 05/02/15 11:44 AM

so I need to get a web page up and going- do any of you guys have any insight you would be willing to point out like good places to go to get a web page built and so one. also what works for you and your business as far as adverting goes- phone book? flyers? on work truck decals?
Posted By: TDHP

Re: web page & advertising - 05/02/15 02:05 PM

Lots of different opinions on how to "properly" advertise. Good sites work to a point, I know guys with great websites but can't cover the payment from lack of work, forcing them to pay out of pocket which defeats the purpose. You could spend hundreds to thousands on advertising but if you couldn't trap a cold word of mouth will put an end to it quicker than one would think. That being said, having a site and a few lawn signs has worked very well for me, but word of mouth and being persistent and friendly with the residents I encountered and made conversation with has gotten me a lot more business. Note, while adc is sometimes a primary income for some it isn't for me so I personally don't need to rely as much on advertisements like others do.
Posted By: Throw Back

Re: web page & advertising - 05/02/15 02:33 PM

I'm getting ready to build a site through hostgator. I think it will boost calls. I know when I need a service I search the web. Rarley of ever do I look at business cards left at diners or flyersbat gas stations
Posted By: Coondog6

Re: web page & advertising - 05/02/15 03:38 PM

Adverting is tricky. What works in one area of the country doesn't seem to work in my area of the country. I am in my third full year and I have started getting referral business on a more consistent basics. Networking is one area that has started to pay off for me. I have a couple of bug guys that feed me referrals. I pay them 10%. I am working on getting a stronger internet presence. You need a good website, organic advertising, and ad word. They cost but, if done right should more than pay for themselves. I have done ad word wrong and it can cost more than it generates in revenue.

My van is has my business logo it has generated some business. Placing business cards has generated some business, meeting people on line has generated some business.

I have to focus on a lot of avenues of advertising to stay busy. Just one method of advertising doesn't work for my business.

Chuck
Posted By: bjansma

Re: web page & advertising - 05/03/15 12:12 AM

When I was getting started I had two different owners of wildlife companies tell me almost the same thing: They get about a 1/3 of their business from their website, 1/3 from pest company referrals, and 1/3 from word of mouth/previous customers. The more my business matures I see it heading in that direction. If you are getting 100% of your business from any 1/3 of the hypothetical pie, you are probably neglecting 2/3 of your potential market if your business(wildlife, no bugs) is like mine.
Posted By: Dave Schmidt

Re: web page & advertising - 05/03/15 03:07 PM

Ditto all above; one mistake I see is guys who spend mucho bux to get their vehicle "wrapped" and the darn thing is such a cluttered mess you can't read it.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums