Home

Pricing bat jobs

Posted By: MikeTraps2

Pricing bat jobs - 04/09/15 02:14 PM

I'm trying to get better at pricing bat jobs, and have gone to flat rates vs hourly. I remember someone had a checklist for houses that added to the cost? Things like dormers, steepness of the roof, condition of roof etc?

I think it was Paul.

Anyone got a tried and true method for figuring the costs to do a bat seal and exclusion?
Posted By: Paul Winkelmann

Re: Pricing bat jobs - 04/09/15 02:42 PM

It wasn't this Paul because I'm not smart enough to do guesstimates. We have adopted a pretty good policy on all of our bidding work.

It's actually quite simple; the guy that's going to do the work, does the bidding. If he needs a crew, that needs to be taken into

consideration. This way, nobody need ever ask again, "What idiot bid this job?" The answer is, "Look in the mirror."

Re: Pricing bat jobs - 04/09/15 03:52 PM

Yeah Paul but I'm that idiot! Maybe it was Ron - I know it was someone who does a lot of bats

Just trying to streamline it, feel I am doing ok so far but want to make less mistakes etc
Posted By: Brian Mongeau

Re: Pricing bat jobs - 04/09/15 05:51 PM

Mike, clean out your mailbox.
Posted By: Paul Winkelmann

Re: Pricing bat jobs - 04/09/15 05:54 PM

Yeah Mike, and while your at it, you could clean out my garage. It's a mess!

Re: Pricing bat jobs - 04/09/15 06:07 PM

Paul that is done on an hourly rate or can be exchanged for mentoring services laugh
Posted By: TRapper

Re: Pricing bat jobs - 04/10/15 03:40 AM

Guesstimate your hours to complete....take in to account the last trip to remove bat valves and reinspect...then add 5 hours....that is what i do typically as i know it usually takes longer once i get into the job....then figure out roughly materials needed....it is better to over estimate than under....you can always give the customer a break on the last pmt

Have to bid at what you are willing to do the job for
© 2024 Trapperman Forums