Home

Follow-up

Posted By: Paul Winkelmann

Follow-up - 04/05/15 02:57 PM

I told you guys that I would let you know about my experience with the 1010SS Professional Model trap that was designed by people

from NWCOA, manufactured by Tomahawk, and won by yours truly at our WWCOA meeting. I set it up at a raccoon break-in of a garage

and had a big boar raccoon that night. Can't do better than that, I guess.
Posted By: Throw Back

Re: Follow-up - 04/05/15 06:24 PM

Did the per tray work?

Re: Follow-up - 04/05/15 06:39 PM

Fortunately he had not guzzled a six-pack right before being caught. The pee tray is still virgin.
Posted By: EatenByLimestone

Re: Follow-up - 04/05/15 07:04 PM

The raccoon that I caught this year ripped half my door off, destroyed the trap alert... good stuff. I can't wait until they start popping out babies.

Re: Follow-up - 04/05/15 09:31 PM

I seem to have a difficult time with breeding, gestation, and litter birth with respect to raccoons. Gestation is 63 days and

raccoons will actually breed during a January thaw, which means we could have litters by now. Although the normal breeding season is

February and into March which leaves the end April and May as the best months for litters. I also have trouble with the names of

immature raccoons. I call them baby raccoons or young raccoons. Kits, kittens, and cubs just don't register with me. Fox have kits.

cats have kittens, and lions have cubs.
Posted By: ponyboy

Re: Follow-up - 04/05/15 11:54 PM

How about raccoon pups?

Re: Follow-up - 04/06/15 12:24 AM

I think all the bluetick, redbone, and walker pups might take offense.
Posted By: Tylercraiglow

Re: Follow-up - 04/06/15 03:51 AM

Coon spawn?
Posted By: Ron Scheller

Re: Follow-up - 04/06/15 05:40 AM

I have always called them kits.... and maybe I'm right! It's on the internet, so it MUST be true!

"After a gestation period of about 65 days, two to five young, known as "kits", are born in spring. The kits are subsequently raised by their mother until dispersal in late fall."
Posted By: bluebill

Re: Follow-up - 04/06/15 11:52 AM

I removed 4 kits the other day that were crawing already. Very early here.
Posted By: BigBob

Re: Follow-up - 04/07/15 08:48 PM

Dinks?
Posted By: traprjohn

Re: Follow-up - 04/08/15 06:00 PM

Originally Posted By: bluebill
I removed 4 kits the other day that were crawing already.

..like a crow?

yep, he meant crawling.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums