Home

Tile roof

Posted By: Jim Bethell

Tile roof - 03/25/15 01:11 AM

Look at a bat job today. The house is a 1 1/2 story with a tile roof. None of the tile fit tight. From inside the attic, you can see daylight in a dozen places. Short of replacing the entire roof, does anyone have any ideas. Have never worked with a tile roof before.
Posted By: Eric Arnold

Re: Tile roof - 03/25/15 01:15 AM

Jim,

Send me some pics if you have them and the type of tile roof it is. What you'll need to do will vary based on type of tile and roof construction.
Posted By: bjansma

Re: Tile roof - 03/25/15 02:56 AM

Got a similar situation on a mansion with cedar shakes. Most of the holes/gaps seem to be at the ridge caps but getting there is the problem.
Posted By: Vinke

Re: Tile roof - 03/25/15 05:21 AM

tile is easy to remove ,,call me at 360-224-6649 and I will help
Posted By: Jim Bethell

Re: Tile roof - 03/26/15 01:01 AM

wct. Sorry, no pictures. The roof is clay half round tile. There are gaps around the edges and where the tile over lay each other. I would think I could break the tile by walking on them. On one peak, the tile are already broke. Bats are big brown bats. Some were in the attic when we looked at it.
Posted By: EatenByLimestone

Re: Tile roof - 03/26/15 01:03 AM

Can you foam the underside of the tiles and roof? It's not like they are going to chew their way in so sell the insulation job and hit it with froth packs. Fewer spiders, cooler in summer, warmer in winter...
Posted By: bic

Re: Tile roof - 03/26/15 01:04 AM

Sounds like a terracotta tile roof.

Re: Tile roof - 03/26/15 05:27 AM

Quote:
terracotta

terracotta is a color........

Spanish two piece????..........

Re: Tile roof - 03/26/15 05:30 AM

Does it look like this?

Posted By: bic

Re: Tile roof - 03/26/15 10:42 AM

Originally Posted By: Vinke
Quote:
terracotta

terracotta is a color........

Spanish two piece????..........

I thought the Color was named after the tiles? Either way, that is the type of roof I was thinking about.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums