Home

GROUNDHOGS!!!

Posted By: #1 cat trapper

GROUNDHOGS!!! - 03/18/15 11:47 PM

I was wondering how to chase groundhogs out from underneath houses without killing them while they are under the house?
I do not want to light the house on fire either.
Thanks for your info!
Posted By: EatenByLimestone

Re: GROUNDHOGS!!! - 03/19/15 02:09 AM

Still hibernating here.

Can you install hardware cloth on all sides except for a small area that you stick your trap? It will eventually need to come out for food and water.
Posted By: traprjohn

Re: GROUNDHOGS!!! - 03/19/15 11:33 AM

rat terrier
Posted By: Albert Burns

Re: GROUNDHOGS!!! - 03/19/15 11:35 AM

I am surprised, we have them moving all over here lately. It is in the teens, with a lot of snow cover still. We caught 3 coming out of skunk dens, but didn't get this one....

Posted By: Jonesie

Re: GROUNDHOGS!!! - 03/19/15 12:50 PM

I think when the time clock dings they move. I caught one the first week of Feb in a coon snare, temps in the 20's Got my first job and caught it a few days ago. I am seeing holes with fresh dirt. When the instincts that God put in them wakes up they move no matter what we humans say.
Posted By: swampdonkey

Re: GROUNDHOGS!!! - 03/19/15 12:50 PM

Albert...They're running around on the snowbanks over here in Mass. too.
Posted By: Paul Winkelmann

Re: GROUNDHOGS!!! - 03/19/15 03:11 PM

I saw my first one yesterday. He was on the shoulder of the road and I think when I drove past he flipped me the bird.
Posted By: swampdonkey

Re: GROUNDHOGS!!! - 03/19/15 05:22 PM

Well, that wasn't very sporting like..
Posted By: Bob Jameson

Re: GROUNDHOGS!!! - 03/19/15 07:38 PM

They have been out here for a couple of weeks now. Saw a big one standing at attention today on the road bank along a busy highway. Didn't look like he had lost much weight from the size of him.
Posted By: EatenByLimestone

Re: GROUNDHOGS!!! - 03/19/15 07:55 PM

I was sealing up after a possum job today and a customer said they have one that visits.
Posted By: Michigan Trappin

Re: GROUNDHOGS!!! - 03/20/15 12:06 AM

Seen my first one today. He met a car in the road though
© 2024 Trapperman Forums