Home

comstock ?

Posted By: Andrew Eastwood

comstock ? - 03/07/15 12:30 AM

I have been thinking about getting a few of the 2 door traps for coon and skunk, I would like to know what length and model some of you use.
Posted By: swampdonkey

Re: comstock ? - 03/07/15 12:52 AM

I have a couple 30 inch double door..one door is recessed so I can abute it right up against a building for a positive set...and I also have a couple of Jim's Beaver traps , as well.
Posted By: Paul Winkelmann

Re: comstock ? - 03/07/15 01:00 AM

I got you covered. If you order 2 cages they should both be 24inch double doors. The third one should be a 30inch. The fourth one an

18inch. The 24 inch will build up you confidence and once you catch your first big raccoon in an 18 inch cage it's all downhill from

there. You will feel comfortable with any of them. We have all four sizes and a couple dozen in all. I prefer the 18inch for

woodchucks and skunks and the 24inch for raccoons. Our technicians will catch anything in any sized Comstock.
Posted By: bjansma

Re: comstock ? - 03/07/15 01:26 AM

The multipurpose with the basket on the end is handy as well. Probably use them the most. Only bad thing they don't fit in my co2 chamber.

I had Jim make me some 9x11 extensions that with a couple of zip ties allow me to make any of my double doors a flush mount. Saves room on the truck vs carrying different traps. Also, helps if I ever want to transfer an animal to a transfer cage as well.
Posted By: Kurt in Va

Re: comstock ? - 03/07/15 01:35 AM

Can the Comstock 2 door be set up as a baited one door also?
The way you set a Comstock trap would seem to make it harder for a customer to release animals before you get there, harder to figure out Correct?

Kurt Temple
Posted By: Throw Back

Re: comstock ? - 03/07/15 01:41 AM

30 in is the biggest trap I would get. I got a couple 36 and feel they are ridiculous.

Re: comstock ? - 03/07/15 01:46 AM

I have a 36...my arm isn't that long if I need mess with anything

Re: comstock ? - 03/07/15 01:46 AM

Yes..Kurt, you can
Posted By: carlswildlife

Re: comstock ? - 03/07/15 08:05 AM

Almost all my traps are now Comstock traps. I would recommend any Comstock traps purchased should have one side recessed as they can be set as positive sets up against a structure or baited with bait thrown through it. The universal trap is very good but as said earlier it is big. I have been using the new style Comstock traps with the rings and really like them. And yes Kurt the traps make it difficult for customers to remove a catch from your traps.
Posted By: Getting There

Re: comstock ? - 03/07/15 02:25 PM

Carlswildlife:
Are you talking about the trap that has the ring on each side and slides down when triggered. If it is just roll the trap over. Any pictures. One thing I like about Advance trap on line they show close up video on how the traps work.
Posted By: MnMan

Re: comstock ? - 03/07/15 03:00 PM

Originally Posted By: Paul Winkelmann
I got you covered. Our technicians will catch anything in any sized Comstock.

Trapstickman is curious as how you fit a 30 inch fox into an 18 inch Comstock.

Posted By: Paul Winkelmann

Re: comstock ? - 03/07/15 03:26 PM

We usually pre-measure the animal to make sure we have enough room in the cage so that he's comfortable. We still haven't figured out

how the 24 inch raccoons fit into an 18 inch Comstock. We still use the 32 inch Wickenkamp for most fox work. That way we always have

two inches to spare. On the bright side, the springs on a Comstock are strong enough to turn it into a Comstockbear as your detailed

drawing so readily points out. P.S. Does Trapstickman know he has a raccoon sleeping on his head?
Posted By: MnMan

Re: comstock ? - 03/07/15 03:34 PM

Originally Posted By: Paul Winkelmann
P.S. Does Trapstickman know he has a raccoon sleeping on his head?

You have answered his question and now he will answer yours......The raccoon is not sleeping....only resting it's eyes.

Re: comstock ? - 03/07/15 05:45 PM

Comstockbears make raccoon legs shorter
© 2024 Trapperman Forums