Home

First Skunk

Posted By: Getting There

First Skunk - 03/04/15 09:54 PM

Seen the first skunk of the year dead on the road today. 22 degrees and two ft. of snow.
Posted By: sgs

Re: First Skunk - 03/05/15 12:09 AM

Even with 2-3 feet of snow on the ground and temps consistently below freezing, I've had two skunk calls in the past week.

The urge to merge will not be denied, even with skunks. wink
Posted By: EatenByLimestone

Re: First Skunk - 03/05/15 12:26 AM

We've had 2 calls and I know a setup is being done tomorrow for them.

We've been really busy with squirrels lately. I cleaned out my truck today and think I took more squirrels than mice. Out.
Posted By: Paul Winkelmann

Re: First Skunk - 03/05/15 01:18 AM

We had an irate customer call today. "Why can't you guys catch my skunk? My dogs don't seem to have any trouble!"
Posted By: RF Wildlife

Re: First Skunk - 03/05/15 01:27 AM

Skunk calls started two weeks ago for me. Picked up 3 new jobs today, back of the truck already smells like I do not have to worry about tail gaiters. Running low on Comstock traps had to set baited traps for my last stop today. Thigh high snow drifts are new to me, but makes easy placement for comstocks:)
Posted By: mtncat

Re: First Skunk - 03/05/15 04:50 AM

Been busy with skunks all winter. Six in the last week and we have had below freezing weather and snow off and on all week.
Posted By: Michigan Trappin

Re: First Skunk - 03/05/15 12:03 PM

Originally Posted By: Getting There
Seen the first skunk of the year dead on the road today. 22 degrees and two ft. of snow.

Sir. What area in SW mich do you work out of, I am just getting strarted in Kazoo/BC area and would like someone I can refer people to on jobs that require more experience than me

Thx
Posted By: Getting There

Re: First Skunk - 03/05/15 12:51 PM

Thx:
I am about 150 NW of KZ. You just need to get some book on trapping skunks and go at it. You will only get experience by doing. Read the archives on this site.
Posted By: bluebill

Re: First Skunk - 03/05/15 04:51 PM

Been swamped with skunks here, 26 caught in the last 10 days. Nine of them came from under the same deck
Posted By: Brian Mongeau

Re: First Skunk - 03/05/15 07:14 PM

Usually up to my neck in skunks by now. Finally got my first call today. Got a lot of making up to do.
Posted By: RF Wildlife

Re: First Skunk - 03/06/15 12:47 AM

Next week in the 40's should pick up a bunch for you up in the snow belt of CT:)
Posted By: Paul Winkelmann

Re: First Skunk - 03/09/15 12:31 AM

We had our first two days of above freezing temperatures in months. Even I got to pick up a skunk today. Bet the phone will be

ringing tomorrow.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums