Home

argentine parrots

Posted By: ate

argentine parrots - 02/19/15 02:25 PM

Hi there,
i would like to ask you what could be the best option to catch arentine parrots ?

thanks a lot ¡
Posted By: traprjohn

Re: argentine parrots - 02/19/15 02:43 PM

shotgun...or is that not an option?

Inside a bldg or outside?

How big are they?

Re: argentine parrots - 02/19/15 02:45 PM

they arte small, like a columbus ...
no, i can not shot them because that´s in the middle of the capital of the country, th biggest city.
Posted By: EatenByLimestone

Re: argentine parrots - 02/19/15 04:20 PM

Starling trap or something similar. Release non target species.

http://www.birdbarrier.com/mmBBASTORE/Images/TT-ST10_starling-trap_lrg.jpg

Re: argentine parrots - 02/21/15 08:44 AM

Ok, Taking a look
Posted By: trapperpaw

Re: argentine parrots - 02/21/15 11:31 AM

The starling trap would be good. They also make a good starling and or sparrow trap the looks like a bird house and the door shuts when he goes in. If they are cavity nesters that would really work good. they make one that is a multiple catcher by the escape being down a 4" pipe to a holding pen. I don't know what you plan to do with them or what you are allowed to do but a rat trap in the house works as well as a baited rat trap. A small squirrel cage baited catches a lot of birds.
Pre baiting is probably the most important thing you should do to insure success. While you are trapping be careful about watching. The body language or something seems to make birds suspicious and avoid eating and or the trap

Re: argentine parrots - 02/21/15 11:47 AM

I looked at that bird on line he looks like a real pain in the behind that probably has as many people wanting him around as don't. A ladder trap is another good trap for that bird. I don't know if anyone sells them but there is good pictures and demo's online. I think it would work good for you. Start prebaiting and build it..and they will come.
Posted By: Paul Winkelmann

Re: argentine parrots - 02/21/15 03:52 PM

Paul, the hard part is relocating them back to Argentina.

Hey ate, my grandson will be visiting your country in June. I'll have him keep a lookout for Argentine parrots.

Re: argentine parrots - 02/22/15 10:46 AM

Hi there , paul he will be very welcome ¡ let me knlw when ¡.
Concerning trapping these small air guys , i was thinking to trap thousands of them in the middle of the city. Surely the small traps work in small towns or maybe houses , but what to do in big cities ¿
Pre baiting is already an option , but it' s imposible to catch massively them ..

Re: argentine parrots - 02/28/15 08:01 AM

You guys are having a symposium on nuisance trapping next week. Three bird brains from the U.S. one from Kentucky, one Indiana and one Connecticutian. Peck their brains you never know what birdsht may come out.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums