Home

Beagle easy set mole trap

Posted By: patriot_trapper

Beagle easy set mole trap - 02/18/15 08:38 PM

These things are great! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Nd4dqCx54A
Made in England
Posted By: Getting There

Re: Beagle easy set mole trap - 02/19/15 02:10 AM

It would be interesting to see one in hand. Again, plastic. I do not know if it would hold up.
Posted By: EatenByLimestone

Re: Beagle easy set mole trap - 02/19/15 05:59 AM

For those who check early and often it' would be nice to be able to check if it's fired at a glance without disturbing the set. I've had lots of clients state they wish they could see under the flags.

Re: Beagle easy set mole trap - 02/19/15 04:52 PM

It has a very durable plastic housing with all metal working parts inside. I bought 6 and will order more. I have already been catching moles with them this year. I have had great luck with them so far.

Re: Beagle easy set mole trap - 02/19/15 04:57 PM

What do they run as far as cost with shipping?

Re: Beagle easy set mole trap - 02/19/15 05:43 PM

They are on the high side....$166 for 6 traps with shipping. IMO I think they are worth it. Easy to set and check. I have had great success so far and they are the most effective mole trap I have ever used.
Posted By: LT GREY

Re: Beagle easy set mole trap - 02/19/15 09:57 PM

$166 for 6 traps ? So a dozen is $312.
That's high !
Victor Out of Sites are less than $100. per dozen and just as, if not more, effective.
Victor traps are metal...even if you buy the recent made ones that aren't nearly as well made as they were a decade ago.
So, I can buy 3 dozen to your 12 traps.
I , with the right tool, can set a VOS in less than 10 seconds without digging up the ground.
Your trap sets easy enough for someone with weak hand strength however.

And, the trap does NOT kill the mole instantly as the video/ad claims...
Anyone who has ever trapped moles professionally using VOS can tell you stories of live trapped moles in traps you just set a short while ago.
Get to it quick enough, release the spring and the mole will fall to the ground and start moving away!

Re: Beagle easy set mole trap - 02/20/15 12:29 AM

LT Gray:
Why does Victor show digging a hold and mounding up the ground to set the trap? I am going to work on setting them by just cutting two slots after pushing the run down.
Posted By: willvalley

Re: Beagle easy set mole trap - 02/20/15 06:14 AM

I would say the OOS is a better deal IF YOU FIGURE OUT HOW TO SET IT. Victor gives you a starting point. If one puts a bit of thought into it they can improve on Victors way and make setting OOSs easy, fast, and efficient. Probing to find a straight run wastes time. Digging back from a fresh push up is quicker and simple to do. There are a lot of traps that will catch moles but none that have beat the OOS yet. Trapline traps are a very close second though. With those two types of traps in your arsenal you can set in any type of ground. I doubt that plastic trap could catch them is some of the areas I get them plant and tree roots, gravel to boulders type , under edging. These are place even OOS have trouble at times but Trapline traps shine.
If all you trap are surface runs LTs way of setting the OOSs would shine but we have little of that here. I am guessing he did away with worrying about the "Victor bump" a long time ago.
Ted
Posted By: coney catcher

Re: Beagle easy set mole trap - 02/20/15 01:18 PM

I wouldnt bother with them, i can get 30 Duffus [barrel traps] for less, and thats without overseas shipping,beagle traps are single catch, duffus can catch 2. Personally i have a couple of OOSs and have never caught a mole with them yet, but because i use barrels i probably havn't spent enough time setting them, i do have a few trapline in my arsenal, and they are a usefull trap.
I noticed on the website for them that someone in the comments had said they had sprayed one with WD40 and it worked better, it stinks and would scare a mole away as far as i am concerned.

Brian

Re: Beagle easy set mole trap - 02/20/15 05:49 PM

Originally Posted By: coney catcher
I wouldnt bother with them, i can get 30 Duffus [barrel traps] for less, and thats without overseas shipping,beagle traps are single catch, duffus can catch 2. Personally i have a couple of OOSs and have never caught a mole with them yet, but because i use barrels i probably havn't spent enough time setting them, i do have a few trapline in my arsenal, and they are a usefull trap.
I noticed on the website for them that someone in the comments had said they had sprayed one with WD40 and it worked better, it stinks and would scare a mole away as far as i am concerned.

Brian

Brian:
Interesting about using WD40. I do not think WD40 is petroleum based. I used to spray my spinner bait when casting for bass with WD.40 It does not smell bad. I will have to try some shallow flat sets with the OOS this spring.
Posted By: Dave Schmidt

Re: Beagle easy set mole trap - 02/21/15 02:30 AM

WD40 is fish oil based. Know why it's called WD40? Cuz Water Displacement formulations 1 thru 39 didn't work..
Good comments, all. I noticed the "instant kill" story, too. At $26+ per trap, they'd have to catch about 3 moles per set to make any money!
Posted By: Dave Schmidt

Re: Beagle easy set mole trap - 02/21/15 02:44 AM

Our Beagle Mole Trap - name of Lucy - instantly killed a mole the other day in the yard. Our Bluetick Coonhound, Tonto, had found it and was playing with it, flipping it up into the air, pawing it, etc. Lucy watched this for a few minutes, came over, picked it up, and killed it immediately. Just as immediately, she lost interest and Tonto rolled around on the dead mole for about ten minutes, in sheer ecstasy.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums