Home

How do you set your Out-of-Sight mole traps

Posted By: Getting There

How do you set your Out-of-Sight mole traps - 02/18/15 04:05 PM

Once in a while I use OOS mole traps. I set them the usual way. When it is real dry I use the Little Woody's and have also modified some of the traps with the stainless steel pan and dogs. Instead of setting the usual way, why couldn't you push down the active run, cut two slots for the jaws and push the trap down until the pan touches the ground. It would be much faster. I know for year's the OOS mole trap were used 95% of the time by mole trappers in the U.S. I now use Steve's trap most of the time.
Posted By: bjansma

Re: How do you set your Out-of-Sight mole traps - 02/18/15 04:37 PM

I do what you just described.
Posted By: Terrier

Re: How do you set your Out-of-Sight mole traps - 02/19/15 04:43 AM

I also set them as you describe. Using Bud's modified out o sights.

Just poke the trap into a surface tunnel, open the trap, close the trap to make sure it's clear or debris, and then push the trap down until the pan is setting pretty firm on the ground. Set with as hair a trigger as I can set plus the bevel Bud puts on his stainless mods makes for a very quick firing set. Perfect catches every time.
Posted By: TRapper

Re: How do you set your Out-of-Sight mole traps - 03/10/15 11:20 AM

I bury every out of sight at least to up over the springs...have taken ober 8,500 moles in my career this way

Top video on my mole video page shows how trap is correctly set and u see a mole working trap and getting caught
http://www.callthetrapper.com/catches.html
© 2024 Trapperman Forums