Home

Who makes a good colony trap?

Posted By: Getting There

Who makes a good colony trap? - 02/16/15 08:46 PM

Who makes the best colony trap these days? Not looking to get anyone to
take sides. They have to be made of 1/2 by 1 inch welded wire. 6x6. I know I could
make them myself. If I needed a lot of them I would do it. Thanks
Posted By: Paul Winkelmann

Re: Who makes a good colony trap? - 02/16/15 09:11 PM

Boy, you sound a lot like me. I've made my own and they worked just fine but if an animal gets out, I want to holler at someone

besides the mirror. I have colony traps from at least 5 different companies and still can't honesty recommend one over the other.

There is a local guy named Dave Bree who makes a bunch of ADC stuff, including a fine colony trap.
Posted By: Dave Schmidt

Re: Who makes a good colony trap? - 02/17/15 03:40 AM

I make 'em myself, with pretty good results, but would like to find a local source of 14ga. 1/2 x1" screen.
Posted By: Getting There

Re: Who makes a good colony trap? - 02/17/15 04:23 AM

Dave:
Just going to play around with some colony traps. I made a couple out of 1x2 weld wire, I put 1/2 x 1 wire on the bottom. I just felt it give the sqr. a better footing to enter the trap.
I want to try putting some plex-a-glass door. This spring when I trap skunk I want to put a colony trap out next to the Advance trap just in case there are little ones around looking for mom. I can also will make some wings incase I want to use them for sqr.
It is cold and I have to do something smirk
Posted By: bjansma

Re: Who makes a good colony trap? - 02/17/15 12:38 PM

Dave,

It can be special ordered from Tractor Supply. It costs me around $160 for a 24"x 100' roll.
Posted By: Jim Bethell

Re: Who makes a good colony trap? - 02/17/15 02:23 PM

Dave, Klubertanz Equipment has that wire. I use it myself. 608-884-9481
Posted By: BUD25

Re: Who makes a good colony trap? - 02/24/15 04:16 AM

I make em and sell em.... What specs are u looking for?
© 2024 Trapperman Forums