Home

Mole Business

Posted By: Coondog6

Mole Business - 02/08/15 02:27 PM

Hello All,

I listened to an on line mole podcast and I am now interested in trapping moles.

How many mole traps should I have to start? On a quarter acre yard how many traps on average should be set?

On my other jobs I charge a trip fee, set up fee, and fee per animal. Would this work for moles? If not how should I charge?

Thanks

Chuck
Posted By: travellintrapper

Re: Mole Business - 02/08/15 06:15 PM

how long have you been in business and how many mole calls are you getting currently? I would base the need for number of traps off the volume of calls you are currently getting. if you get 2 calls per year it wouldn't make sense to go out and put $2500 into mole gear. Ive pretty much just let my current needs determine my gear purchases. Gear is easy to get quickly. When the mole calls keep coming then reorder some more gear.

investing in a ton of gear isn't going to bring a single phone call to your office. maybe stick that money you were going to spend on gear into advertising and get the calls coming first.

good luck
Posted By: EatenByLimestone

Re: Mole Business - 02/09/15 02:39 AM

It really varies on the yard and the issue they have. The average yard gets 4 on the initial setup. I do weekly visits. Followups drop down in the number of sets because there is less activity.

If you charge per mole you'll sell yourself short. My average yard probably has 2 moles, maybe 3. A pair of moles can cause a lot of damage!

The most frustrating thing about mole trapping is when they go to the neighbor's yard and you can't trap them there.
Posted By: Coondog6

Re: Mole Business - 02/09/15 01:40 PM

This is going to be my third year full time doing ADC work. I have only done one mole job but, I have never advertised for moles.

I feel that it could be profitable because their are a lot of high end properties in the area.
Posted By: EatenByLimestone

Re: Mole Business - 02/09/15 06:22 PM

I want to clarify that it's 4 stations with 2 traps each.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums