Home

pigeon traps

Posted By: Vincenator

pigeon traps - 01/27/15 10:29 PM

What traps are you guys using for small to medium size removal job?Aprox 15/20 birds on roof top.Cant shoot them, as in a very public area.
Have any of you used ovo control?Any luck with it?
Posted By: Eric Arnold

Re: pigeon traps - 01/27/15 11:42 PM

To use Ovocontrol P (P is for pigeons, G is for geese), you need a pesticide applicators license or at least be working under one. This is a long term product that may be best applied to sites with several hundred pigeons versus a small number. It is effective, but it does require daily dosing and may cost more to use than more common removal or exclusion methods.

For 15/20 birds, I'd recommend the WCS large pigeon trap. It's based off of a model I use but can't remember the name of and can hold up to 40 birds at a time. Another trap you can try would be the 2 level collapsible pigeon trap by JWB Marketing (800-555-9634). There are smaller pigeon traps available, but I've never had the same level of success with them as with the larger traps.

When trapping pigeons, bear in mind that they are attracted to other pigeons. So the best bait you can have is one or more pigeons in the trap. With the larger traps, you can add perching rods as well which seems to help as it allows the birds to get off the ground and keep them calm.
Posted By: Vinke

Re: pigeon traps - 01/28/15 02:10 AM

I make my own,,,,,, I use old refrigerator grates (cut) because I think they encourage entry over welded wire doors,,(they can get there head in up to there shoulders)(do birds have shoulders) and they are angled, not straight up and down.......

Some say a wooden bottom is best but I use so much rolled corn it does not seem to matter
Posted By: Paul Winkelmann

Re: pigeon traps - 01/28/15 04:59 AM

Now you tell me. I donated a refrigerator and an upright freezer to the Salvation Army last year. Think I could get the grates back?
Posted By: Vinke

Re: pigeon traps - 01/28/15 05:27 AM

If it went to good will/value village,,,strip it down,,,,,,,,Salvation Army,,,,,,,,,,,, NO!...... (GREAT cause........)

Saint Vincent DE Paul is one other place ( all though I am not Catholic,,,,.........)
© 2024 Trapperman Forums