Home

sealing at corners

Posted By: Throw Back

sealing at corners - 01/24/15 03:59 PM

I'm on my first squirrel job and he got in right where a second story roof meets the first story and forms a very tight corner. Do you guys have tips for sealing these spots?
Posted By: ritrapper

Re: sealing at corners - 01/24/15 05:27 PM

Get yourself a hand brake and a roll of coil stock.and bend some metal around it.
Posted By: EatenByLimestone

Re: sealing at corners - 01/24/15 08:00 PM

What type of squirrel is it? How big is the hole? Sheet metal is always an option along with hardware cloth, mesh and silicone. It just depends on the type of squirrel and if it's dead or the odds it wont chew back in someplace else tomorrow.

Re: sealing at corners - 01/24/15 08:26 PM

Grays. About two inches tall and a foot an half long

Re: sealing at corners - 01/24/15 08:52 PM

Would it work to put copper wool and expanding foam
Posted By: EatenByLimestone

Re: sealing at corners - 01/26/15 12:18 AM

If the squirrel is dead you can do that. If they are alive they think that's their home now. They'll chew back in.

Re: sealing at corners - 01/26/15 01:50 AM

coil stock and a hand bender works well when customer cant afford to replace woodwork. looks better than foam and backing
Posted By: Vinke

Re: sealing at corners - 01/26/15 02:19 AM

You can bend coil stock on the edge of your ladder or over you pickup bed,,,,,most is 22 gauge or less............
Posted By: Vinke

Re: sealing at corners - 01/26/15 02:24 AM

ritrapper,,,,, nice instillation but my customer would wonder why it did not come flush with the bottom edge....

That is the thing with adding metal,,,,,,,,,,Perfect or not at all

NO offense intended

Re: sealing at corners - 01/26/15 10:55 AM

No offense taken. It was à scrap piece. Didn't charge for it. It too me literally two minutes to put that up.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums