Home

need some help

Posted By: coney catcher

need some help - 01/23/15 06:11 PM

Here's one i think Mr Whinkleman might be able to help me with, i now have so much work on that i am struggling to get round it all, and i am thinking of taking someone on, i dont want to train someone up and then later on they go and start on there own and take customers from me.
My daughter is keen as mustard to come and work for me, she is used to what i do and is not bothered by dead animals etc, and she also wants to help build up the business she is 28 so not a kid, one big pluss is she is great at the dreaded paper work and chasing customers for money.

just wondered what you thought.

Brian

also she is a lot better looking than me which might help
Posted By: Paul Winkelmann

Re: need some help - 01/23/15 06:58 PM

Brian, please don't hire her. She sounds perfect for us and her English accent would be a definite plus. How much is a ticket from

Cumbria to Milwaukee?
Posted By: BigBob

Re: need some help - 01/23/15 09:09 PM

Originally Posted By: coney catcher
she is a lot better looking than me which might help

This post is worthless without pic's!
Posted By: Eric Arnold

Re: need some help - 01/24/15 01:06 AM

Brian,

Focus on what you can control and ignore what can happen. I know of operators that have had family members do exactly what you're concerned about and I've had employees try to do the same thing. Check you laws and see what kind of protection you have as the business owner. On this side of the pond, some states allow for noncompetes that can protect the owner while other states do not. I'm not familiar enough with your laws to even guess if you have the same rights to protect your client base and work area or not to really give more of a comment than this.

By starting with knowing what your rights are, you can make the best decision for your business.

PS: If you do any air gun shooting, can you email your laws/rules? I've heard about the 12 fpe for hunting, but I've also seen video's where they are shooting .30 caliber which will give a lot more than the 12 fpe.
Posted By: coney catcher

Re: need some help - 01/24/15 07:37 PM

Eric

I use a airgun a lot for work, rabbits, squirrels, pigeons,jackdaws and norway rats. you are rite about the 12fpe, above that you need a firearms cert.
I have actually shot a 30cal which was at 70 fpe. Off the shelf air rifles usually are at 11.5 fpe because different pellets can produce different velocity's
I use a 22 and a 177 but maximum range for bothwith a head shot is 30 yds

Brian
© 2024 Trapperman Forums