Home

Sooooooooooo feral cats.........

Posted By: Vinke

Sooooooooooo feral cats......... - 01/22/15 06:07 AM

This cat climbs up on my 8 foot wall,,,,makes its way though the bougainvillea plant,,,,stops,,,backs up an sprays, right in front of me........
WAR on cats in Glendale .......

Cat are a problem but they are protected under the domestic animal act in most states.
what if anything is your state/ organization doing to help the property owner?

If i trap a cat and want to take it to a shelter in Arizona,,, most want me to pay 85.00 to dump it with them (and we all know that they are going kill it with 2.oo worth of stuff)

This cat colony crap is getting out of control,,,,,, how do you deal with it?
Posted By: Bushwack44

Re: Sooooooooooo feral cats......... - 01/22/15 06:31 AM

normally i wouldnt say this but.......... pellet gun
Posted By: bjansma

Re: Sooooooooooo feral cats......... - 01/22/15 11:48 AM

You bring in an acat to a shelter around me most are no kill and they want $25. They adopt out the kittens and practice spay/neuter and release with the adults. Every shelter is independent of others but most seem to practice this. I'm not going to pay someone to release a cat.

Agree its a problem no one is solving.
Posted By: hvtrapper

Re: Sooooooooooo feral cats......... - 01/22/15 12:46 PM

God to Noah in a Bill Cosby sketch........"How long can you tread water?"
Posted By: sgs

Re: Sooooooooooo feral cats......... - 01/22/15 02:23 PM

Research all applicable laws and common practices for the area of concern.

Find a shelter or veterinarian that will work with you. Not all agree that TNR is the only way to go.

Set up a very discreet trapping program. Let the customer know up front that it's an expensive, politically sensitive situation to deal with.

If it's just your own property, once again a very discreet trapping program. Relocate to that shelter you found or to the great outdoors many miles from home.
Posted By: PWC

Re: Sooooooooooo feral cats......... - 01/22/15 02:42 PM

Coyotes, mountain lions, etc need friends too. Lol
Posted By: Paul Winkelmann

Re: Sooooooooooo feral cats......... - 01/22/15 04:01 PM

Once again, Wisconsin seems to be the only sane state in the union. ( And that's in spite of me being one of its citizens ) Our

Milwaukee Humane Society has signed contracts with all of Milwaukee County for dog and cat removal. When I catch feral cats, I

take them into their building, they ask me what part of the city I caught it in, and away I go. They are actually happy to see me

because they get paid without having to send someone out. What we do with feral cats that are caught outside of Milwaukee I will

leave to your imagination but Wisconsin takes a dim view of feral cats so we are always legal. If the rest of the nation had our

feral cat laws, all states would have a much better wildlife population.

P.S. We came very close to putting feral cats on the "unprotected birds and animals" list. Unfortunately HSUS found out about it

and ruined our plans.
Posted By: Barehunter

Re: Sooooooooooo feral cats......... - 01/22/15 04:28 PM

I hate them....feral and free range alike.
Posted By: Vinke

Re: Sooooooooooo feral cats......... - 01/22/15 11:47 PM

Whatcom county WA is the same way Paul.....(This word is unacceptable on Trapperman) not so,,,,,,.........
Posted By: ponyboy

Re: Sooooooooooo feral cats......... - 01/23/15 03:07 PM

In NY you cannot cage or transport cats.
Posted By: saskamusher

Re: Sooooooooooo feral cats......... - 01/24/15 01:13 AM

house cat ground up and mixed with beaver castor is unbeatable coyote and fox lure just a thought lol years ago my brothers and i used to buy a homemade lure from a old guy was incredible stuff ....wasn't till his daughter told our sister that her dad was grinding cats he caught at the dump that we figured out what the goop was he was selling us ....laughed about it for years after ...he told us that he started trapping house cats as a kid to sell the intestines as mandolin strings then he found out that it was good bait when mixed with beaver castor ..so if ya got a couple hundred pounds of skinned ground house cat meat let me know ....
Posted By: chrisobanion

Re: Sooooooooooo feral cats......... - 01/24/15 01:47 AM

I gas them. In Ohio they can be "euthanized" but not "killed". Gassing is an approved method of euthanasia.
Posted By: RoadkillStewie

Re: Sooooooooooo feral cats......... - 01/26/15 11:21 PM

This was posted up in a local neighborhood forum....

"I understand not everyone likes cats, however trapping your neighbors' cats and taking them to the pound is just plain cruel. If you have a cat you love, you may want to keep it inside!!!"

Apparently, it's too hard to call the 'pound' if your furball goes AWOL...

"That is awful!! The people doing this should be charged with animal cruelty!! I'm so sorry this is happening to you."

<smh>
Posted By: Paul Winkelmann

Re: Sooooooooooo feral cats......... - 01/27/15 12:21 AM

Roadkill, if anyone has a cat they love, they better keep it inside around here. The coyotes in our city take turns munching on cats

and small dogs. Eventually, cats will be on the endangered species list if the coyotes have anything to say about it. This is not a

good thing for our business. I can catch a thousand dollars worth of cats faster than I can a thousand dollars worth of coyotes.
Posted By: Goose Crumpler

Re: Sooooooooooo feral cats......... - 01/28/15 04:02 PM

The three SSS's.
Posted By: LT GREY

Re: Sooooooooooo feral cats......... - 02/01/15 07:10 PM

laugh
Posted By: BigBob

Re: Sooooooooooo feral cats......... - 02/01/15 07:59 PM

How come releasing (dumping) cats is not against the law when an organization or AR freak does it?
Posted By: Ohio Wolverine

Re: Sooooooooooo feral cats......... - 02/01/15 10:55 PM

Originally Posted By: BigBob
How come releasing (dumping) cats is not against the law when an organization or AR freak does it?

This subject eirks me more than RACE RIOTS !
© 2024 Trapperman Forums