Home

want to start some adc work

Posted By: prudden

want to start some adc work - 01/10/15 08:25 PM

I was thinking of doing some ground hog work this Summer. My town I live in has a animal control person when o talk to him he said there was no trapping in my town. So who do I need to talk to the state or the town. And do I need to talk to every town I want to work in . Any help would be great
Posted By: Jim Bethell

Re: want to start some adc work - 01/10/15 09:41 PM

Need to talk to the DNR officer (game warden) for your area. Every state is different as to rules.
Posted By: Paul Winkelmann

Re: want to start some adc work - 01/10/15 09:44 PM

Yeah, and can you imagine the rules for a place called Hop-at-cong!
Posted By: Getting There

Re: want to start some adc work - 01/10/15 10:00 PM

Prudden:
I see by your profile you are a trapper and hunter. Look in your game laws and it will have something about ADC work and who to contact. ADC work is much different than fur trapping. JMO
Posted By: Eric Arnold

Re: want to start some adc work - 01/11/15 12:27 PM

I have that issue here in Ohio with multiple municipalities. As Everet stated, start with your state laws so you know what is allowed then you can request the municipal codes from the animal control officer or your town council. Some seem to have cryptic codes such as no steel jawed traps (cable restraints/snares allowed), no foothold traps on land (water sets and bodygripping traps acceptable) but most will state cage/box traps as being legal (there may be reporting and/or specific trap check requirements).

Should the code actually state that no trapping is allowed, you have several choices. The first is to fight it as it may violate home rule or other laws, second is to seek permission/exemption from the code from the town council/mayor, and third is to use exclusion devices.
Posted By: Getting There

Re: want to start some adc work - 01/11/15 03:06 PM

Any time you ask for a variance of a city/village ordnance and it is granted be sure and get the results in writing. You just have to have a different mind set when doing ADC work. Everyone is watching, there are pet and people every where. I cover all my live traps and paint the cover so they are hard for anyone to see. JMO
Posted By: prudden

Re: want to start some adc work - 01/14/15 08:06 PM

I did some a few years back for a company but now that I want to go out on my own want to make sure I do it right. Will be useing only cage trap. Thanks for the info
Posted By: BigBob

Re: want to start some adc work - 01/14/15 10:49 PM

Doesn't New Jersey have some screwy hunting/trapping laws?
Posted By: LAtrapper

Re: want to start some adc work - 01/14/15 11:27 PM

Originally Posted By: prudden
I did some a few years back for a company but now that I want to go out on my own want to make sure I do it right. Will be useing only cage trap. Thanks for the info

Since I don’t know the whole story of your previous employment, have you checked this thread?
http://www.trapperman.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/4830532/Re:_Advice_needed_please#Post4830532
Posted By: warrior

Re: want to start some adc work - 01/15/15 05:44 AM

Ron Jones aka jonesie on here would be who I would talk to. He's in your state and very active in the industry.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums