Home

Woodpecker Traps

Posted By: Coondog6

Woodpecker Traps - 01/09/15 08:49 PM

Hello,

I just got off the phone with the Mass. Director of PAC agents. He informed me that I can't use rat traps on woodpeckers. Rat traps can only be used on rats or similar type species.

So, what is a good woodpecker trap?

Thanks
Posted By: chrisobanion

Re: Woodpecker Traps - 01/09/15 09:30 PM

http://www.wildlifecontrolsupplies.com/animal/NWSBT00/WCSRC24.html

Posted By: Paul Winkelmann

Re: Woodpecker Traps - 01/10/15 04:11 AM

I have always felt that our state was run by a bunch of imbeciles. Since I started this business and have read some of the outright

foolishness that some of you have to go through, the majority of you make Wisconsin look like it is run by the smartest people ever

elected. ( Or appointed ) By the way, we do own one of those WCS traps that are right above this post and I do think they would work

if we ever got a woodpecker in a store or some other place we didn't want to use a rat trap.
Posted By: Coondog6

Re: Woodpecker Traps - 01/10/15 01:38 PM

Thanks, I want a trap that works for the targeted species.

Chuck
Posted By: Kurt in Va

Re: Woodpecker Traps - 01/10/15 07:08 PM

So you must trap and relocate them?
Kurt
Posted By: chrisobanion

Re: Woodpecker Traps - 01/10/15 08:22 PM

Originally Posted By: Coondog6
Thanks, I want a trap that works for the targeted species.

Chuck

This trap works for woodpeckers... it has never failed to catch wood peckers for me. I'm not sure what you had in mind...
Posted By: ctnwco860

Re: Woodpecker Traps - 01/11/15 12:22 AM

We've had numerous customers, after the proper permitting, use our EZ Catch Bird trap, both horizontally and attached flat against the side of the house such that the net "clamshells" over
the bird. The trap releases from the bottom up and traps the bird. Use a piece of suet tied to the triggering pan with monofilament or dental floss.

Not really sure what you meant by a trap for the targeted species ? EZ Catch Bird Trap = Woodpecker Trap
Posted By: swampdonkey

Re: Woodpecker Traps - 01/11/15 01:24 AM

Kurt in VA. ...Can't relocate in Massachusetts
Posted By: Paul Winkelmann

Re: Woodpecker Traps - 01/11/15 04:47 PM

If you could relocate woodpeckers, I'm guessing you would have to take them to a different continent just to be on the safe side.
Posted By: swampdonkey

Re: Woodpecker Traps - 01/11/15 11:02 PM

wink...Or clip their wings..LOL...kinda like that bat relocating thing Paul..
© 2024 Trapperman Forums