Home

Have We Discussed This Before?

Posted By: Paul Winkelmann

Have We Discussed This Before? - 12/30/14 11:14 PM

I just got an ad in a catalog for Adventek traps. A 7x7x24 packed inside an 11x12x32, both for 29 bucks. How bad are these cages?
Posted By: swampdonkey

Re: Have We Discussed This Before? - 12/30/14 11:19 PM

Those are the ones sold at TS ..I have bought several..they do work ..but what do you want for 29 bucks..they go on sale at TS for 25...I use them in a clinch...and that's about that.
Posted By: Dave Schmidt

Re: Have We Discussed This Before? - 12/30/14 11:46 PM

Yeah, Northern Tools. Wouldn't expect much in a Chinese trap.
Posted By: Ron Scheller

Re: Have We Discussed This Before? - 12/31/14 12:34 AM

Junk. Had a friend get into fur trapping a few years back, and had a farmer who wanted coons removed from his hayloft and outbuildings. He went to Rural King and bought 3 of the "package-deal" traps, just for the larger ones. FIRST NIGHT, all 3 had coons, traps totally demolished, coons gone. I warned him NOT to buy them, but he did get lucky as he returned them the day after he bought them, totally trashed, and they gave him a full refund. Bought some Wickenkamps and has never had a failure since.
Posted By: Jim Bethell

Re: Have We Discussed This Before? - 12/31/14 12:53 AM

The small size is not bad for squirrels and skunks. The big ones are junk. Coons and ground hogs will trash them the first night.
Posted By: warrior

Re: Have We Discussed This Before? - 12/31/14 02:09 AM

I've seen them on the shelf at TSC bent to be unusable.
Posted By: Throw Back

Re: Have We Discussed This Before? - 12/31/14 05:07 AM

I have a couple. Fine for skunks. Broken door on the big ones
Posted By: EatenByLimestone

Re: Have We Discussed This Before? - 01/03/15 03:07 PM

We have a few. They work. Sometimes the triggers have to be roughed up so you can set them. I've also seen them demolished. I'm pretty sure it was a woodchuck that did it. I try not to use them until all the other traps are out.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums