Home

Corn field set issues

Posted By: RedXVII

Corn field set issues - 12/29/14 07:11 PM

Just getting started on my second season trapping here in northwest Indiana and all ready am running into issues. Other than the fact that I have to wait to trap this property until the deer hunters are out so by this time everything is nice and frozen. Dp coon traps seem to be the only hits I get even thought I see plenty of fox and coyotes along with there tracks. But the problem isn't really traps freezing it's more getting them to my sets and staying there. I'm trying to upload a picture of one of my sets after a coyote pulled his foot out. I show up on a set in the corn field right where a trail leads out from the woods. My trap fired and caught the coyote. I'm assuming it was a coyote because of the claw marks not footprints because of the frost. And there is a nice well established trap circle with a mound of dirt and cornstalks encasing my trap. Animal pack a good size mound somehow that packed the trap nice and tight so it wouldn't swivel and pull his foot out. Any feed back? Could use the help.
Posted By: RedXVII

Re: Corn field set issues - 12/29/14 07:17 PM

Picture file too big to upload sorry
Posted By: Jim Bethell

Re: Corn field set issues - 12/29/14 09:30 PM

Might get more answers on the "trap talk" forum.
Posted By: Hoosier Cooner

Re: Corn field set issues - 12/30/14 01:56 AM

If you're ever down to talk let me know, don't really meet many fur trappers in my area.
Posted By: Indiana Rat

Re: Corn field set issues - 01/02/15 08:00 PM

Im in Newton County,IN I run into the same thing with deer hunters! kinda sucks ! Some years it donest freeze but most yes.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums