Home

Question about fees to get from a customer

Posted By: ate

Question about fees to get from a customer - 12/20/14 12:25 PM

Hi Guys,
I´m here in Spain , trying to carry out lke a ADC work or Nuissance control, through a company ,
I would like to ask you about prices to get from customers and how to calculate them ,( species, trips ? how to do it ?? ) .
Thanks in advance ¡
Posted By: Getting There

Re: Question about fees to get from a customer - 12/20/14 02:58 PM

The very first thing I would do is start scrolling back and reading post, there is a great deal of information already
posted on the subjects. It sounds like you are wanting to start a business that you know very little about. I am not talking about the business end, but the trapping end. Good luck. Don't forget about the laws!

Re: Question about fees to get from a customer - 12/23/14 11:00 AM

I ´m doing it , But I´m from EU and this work never has been carried out in my country, so Thát´s the question .
But I will read more trying to find it here in the first posts.
Thanks so much
Posted By: sgs

Re: Question about fees to get from a customer - 12/23/14 11:44 AM

Ate, your pricing will definitely vary by specie and number of trips you need to make. While I can often catch a skunk the first night, it may take me a couple of weeks to finish a beaver job. Experience will tell you how much to charge.

You need to charge enough to cover your time and expenses and that's different for everyone. You have to take into consideration what the market in your area will bear.

I usually charge a setup fee and a certain amount per animal caught. Some guys charge a flat rate for the job. Both ways work.
Posted By: Eric Arnold

Re: Question about fees to get from a customer - 12/23/14 01:51 PM

ate,

You may want to check with the Association of Urban Wildlife Professionals as they are a UK association and may be closer to your client base than we are in the US.

Here is their URL http://www.theauwp.org.uk/
Posted By: Paul Winkelmann

Re: Question about fees to get from a customer - 12/23/14 02:47 PM

ate, good to hear from you again. I charge like sqs. A service call to set the job up and a price for each animal caught. This tends

to make me more successful quicker. My grandson is going to Spain in June with his Spanish class. I'm trying to get a chaperone job

and go along. Merry Christmas.
Posted By: Jim Bethell

Re: Question about fees to get from a customer - 12/23/14 05:07 PM

ate, Kind of like sgs said. You need to figure what it will cost you to do the job. And no one over here can tell you that. When you figure your cost and how much time it takes to do the job, you have a good start. We usually double the cost or a little more to put some profit in my pocket. I have a flat rate for each trip I make and that depends on how far I have to drive. Kind of a time and millage thing. My son and I set up a list of the towns we service and have a rate for each town. Hope that helps. Have a happy holidays.
Jim
Posted By: coney catcher

Re: Question about fees to get from a customer - 12/23/14 05:59 PM

The AUWP, probably would not be any good to find out anything, as they are a none proffit macking organization, and probably do a lot of proffesionals out of work .

Brian

Re: Question about fees to get from a customer - 12/25/14 07:18 AM

Thanks for the explanation ¡

Re: Question about fees to get from a customer - 12/25/14 07:19 AM

Good advice , I will try to reach them , sure they are closer to me , ¡

Re: Question about fees to get from a customer - 12/25/14 07:19 AM

Paul ¡ How are you doing , please let me knwo If you will come ¡¡

Re: Question about fees to get from a customer - 12/25/14 07:21 AM

It serves. The Job will be inside the Capital , a big city with 4 milion of persons, so not to far away but maybe it could be necessar to make some trips per day. So I have to study routes, and the best best way to carry out three custumers per trip for example.

Thanks again ,

Re: Question about fees to get from a customer - 12/25/14 07:22 AM

Ahhh, so ... but proably they have listed their costs to do it ,
Posted By: sgs

Re: Question about fees to get from a customer - 12/25/14 01:18 PM

ate, which species are you going after?

Re: Question about fees to get from a customer - 12/26/14 06:52 AM

con snakes, moles, rats, birds, feral cats, foxes, etc etc , all species will bein the city
© 2024 Trapperman Forums