Home

Possible first adc job

Posted By: Starvalleytrappe

Possible first adc job - 12/18/14 04:51 AM

I was on a service call for a pump that wasn't working at someone's house today when I discovered marten poo and tracks everywhere in the crawl space. Then found part of a squirrel and magpie feathers. Appears a marten house claimed residence there. The caretaker said he will be calling after the holiday when the homeowner leaves. I'm not sure what to charge but thinking a $100 to set and 1 check. Seems I should have it by then and I'll make a little money. What do y'all think?
Posted By: warrior

Re: Possible first adc job - 12/18/14 01:20 PM

Very little money.
Posted By: sgs

Re: Possible first adc job - 12/18/14 02:50 PM

The price might be a little low but it might be average for your area also.

I haven't trapped marten so my question would be, are you sure you'll catch it on the first night?

Depending on how far you have to travel, and how many times, $100 might work out well or might not. I catch a lot of animals for $125 and do well with it (usually).

Re: Possible first adc job - 12/18/14 04:28 PM

I believe I would leave the trap 2 nights. I'm pretty sure I would get it by then. The trip would be 15-20min each way. This would be 1hr 20min travel time for 2 trips. Figure I could set 3 traps in a matter of minutes. So $20 for mileage leaves $80 for 2 hrs work plus $30 for the fur. Seems I should make out ok. Otherwise I'm thinking a $50/hr including drive time deal
Posted By: Throw Back

Re: Possible first adc job - 12/18/14 05:21 PM

Considering I assume you are not licensed, insured etc, $100 seems fair. Not being a "professional", if you lose you really just paid to learn
Posted By: Eric Arnold

Re: Possible first adc job - 12/18/14 08:12 PM

Start with the laws of Wyoming (as I'm guessing this is where the job would be). Do you have to be licensed, insured, etc. to charge a fee for doing this. What is the trap check rule? Once the animal has been caught, are you able to sell/use the fur or must it be destroyed? Each state has different regulations for this with some not allowing a mix of trapping and wildlife control while others don't have that problem.

Once you know the laws, try and determine what the client will accept in terms of a fee. Will they still have a problem paying the rate if the marten is no longer there (moved on, was killed or died, etc.). You may want to do something along the lines of 3 or 5 days of trapping for X number of dollars regardless if you catch anything or not.
Posted By: traprjohn

Re: Possible first adc job - 12/19/14 02:50 AM

Govt allows .55/mi also

Re: Possible first adc job - 12/19/14 03:50 PM

13 day check if I set on Monday. Only need my trapping liscense. I have already talked with game and fish about how to relocate animals if applicable. This summer I spoke with the guy with game and fish and asked all the questions I could. I also spoke with the state. That guy was also very easy to talk to and helpful. Apparently, in Wyoming it is very simple to start a business. I have a "business" in place but no customers yet. smile

Re: Possible first adc job - 12/20/14 11:14 PM

Hows the job

Re: Possible first adc job - 12/20/14 11:14 PM

Hows the job

Re: Possible first adc job - 12/26/14 12:24 AM

Appears that the caretaker found the point of entrance. It plugged the hole with batting and spray foam. We will see if that keeps him out
Posted By: traprjohn

Re: Possible first adc job - 12/26/14 02:02 AM

Originally Posted By: Starvalleytrappe
We will see if that keeps him out

....or traps it inside!

Re: Possible first adc job - 12/26/14 02:57 AM

Exactly. I'm waiting for a call lol
© 2024 Trapperman Forums