Home

what kind of referral deal do you guys work?

Posted By: Throw Back

what kind of referral deal do you guys work? - 12/10/14 12:23 AM

I am having a meeting with a PCO soon about referring me to people with wildlife. Do you guys give a kickback or just refer in exchange. How do you work multiple deals with companies?
Posted By: Getting There

Re: what kind of referral deal do you guys work? - 12/10/14 12:57 AM

If someone ask for a type of work I do not do I ref: them to someone I know. This same person ref; jobs to me that he does not do. It all work out in the end for both of us.
Posted By: Jonesie

Re: what kind of referral deal do you guys work? - 12/10/14 01:27 AM

I don't I have 10 plus pc companies at any given time that may give my name out. If I am referred by someone. I refer back to them on mice, rats and insect jobs. or carpenters or roofers, I give their names out for large carp work. I have worked this way for many years.
Posted By: bjansma

Re: what kind of referral deal do you guys work? - 12/10/14 03:22 AM

I do give a referral. I am newer and want to establish myself.

I did have an interesting conversation with an owner of a pest control company today. It opened my eyes to something. They send me a lot of work. I send them $25 at a time. I said I know the checks are small but I hope they express my gratitude...

He said "make no mistake he needs me. What happens when one of his customers has a wildlife issue. If he doesnt have a good wildlife guy to refer to he forces his customers to head to the internet where they might come up with a wildlife guy that also does bugs and he runs the risk of losing the customer."

If you can spin it that way to a couple of bug only guys I think you will have something.

One thing I like about sending money is that is the deal. I don't owe them anything else. If I make a deal where we trade referrals how many deals can I make before its a one way street. I spread my referrals too thin and dont send them enough in return. They will find someone else. I spread my referrals around but they arent much in comparison to what I get.

Re: what kind of referral deal do you guys work? - 12/10/14 09:13 PM

Anyone else?
Posted By: Paul Winkelmann

Re: what kind of referral deal do you guys work? - 12/10/14 09:39 PM

You are obviously referring to me. We do both animal and pest control. ( It took my college educated son to point out that they are

made for each other ) And that animal guys have the advantage. I personally don't feel that we owe the pest control business a

nickel. If anything, it's the other way around. I can recommend a dozen decent pest control companies. They can only recommend me.

A number of our pest control companies have hired "animal experts" in an attempt, I suppose, in recouping some of their loses. Thus

far, this has proven futile and only makes us look better. It took me 2 minutes to learn how to bait a mouse/rat box. It took me 60

years to properly handle large animals and I'm still learning. ( and for the last 46 years, this includes marriage )

Re: what kind of referral deal do you guys work? - 12/25/14 04:49 AM

Originally Posted By: Paul Winkelmann
You are obviously referring to me. We do both animal and pest control. ( It took my college educated son to point out that they are

made for each other ) And that animal guys have the advantage. I personally don't feel that we owe the pest control business a

nickel. If anything, it's the other way around. I can recommend a dozen decent pest control companies. They can only recommend me.

A number of our pest control companies have hired "animal experts" in an attempt, I suppose, in recouping some of their loses. Thus

far, this has proven futile and only makes us look better. It took me 2 minutes to learn how to bait a mouse/rat box. It took me 60

years to properly handle large animals and I'm still learning. ( and for the last 46 years, this includes marriage )

Paul, you have more guts than me, I would never call my wife a large animal!
© 2024 Trapperman Forums