Home

Back To The Fun

Posted By: Paul Winkelmann

Back To The Fun - 12/08/14 10:31 PM

I really don't care if you're a NWCOA board member, a Critter Control ( Or any other ) franchisee, a game warden, or anyone just

reading this post. I need your input. What are some of the goofiest things you've been asked to do? Just in case you are wondering,

we have just been asked if we "trim parakeet's beaks"? I'm sure many of you can top that!
Posted By: Pez77

Re: Back To The Fun - 12/08/14 10:44 PM

I wouldn't say "goofy" but getting a lot of requests to put up Christmas Lights lately. Also had a customer ask about live trapping mice and relocating them that was a 1st for me
Posted By: BigBob

Re: Back To The Fun - 12/08/14 10:55 PM

My brother tried a Parrot Beak Sharpening Biz once. Didn't work out because of the negative effects of putting the birds head in a vice.
Posted By: Travis Wolford

Re: Back To The Fun - 12/09/14 03:44 AM

I know this is off subject but.....have you ever been bit by a parakeet? Holy cow them things can chomp! We are down to one but he bit my wife and you should have heard the words that came out of her mouth! I laughed at her so hard, she's about like June Cleaver I didn't even know she knew some of those words. He's my little buddy though, I'm the only one who can make him talk and he cries "help" if the TV is on and he can't see it lol. Yes we have one of everything, I have a hard time with the word no lol.
Posted By: Getting There

Re: Back To The Fun - 12/09/14 01:13 PM

Yep, they can draw blood, so can a cockatiel.

Re: Back To The Fun - 12/10/14 12:15 AM

I have live trapped mice. ( And since I don't like to lie, I did let them go ) Travis, of course I've been bit by a parakeet ( We

called them budgies, don't ask me why ) I watched the parakeet bite me and was almost mesmerized by lack of pain and the amount of

blood.

P.S. Probably only Travis will find this interesting. My mom hated every kind of animal that there was. Why she married my dad, who

eventually owned every kind of animal that there was, is still a mystery to me. She never allowed any animals in the house with two

exceptions that I can think of. She hand fed a calf from birth in our utility room, which was right off of the kitchen. She did the

same thing with a clutch of Hungarian partridge whose mother had been killed by the hay mower. Understanding women is impossible!
Posted By: bluebill

Re: Back To The Fun - 12/11/14 07:31 PM

Had a lady wanting to know if she could buy a pig from me?????? Another lady wanted to buy a black squirrel. I asked her if she had a license? She said love doesn't need a license.
Posted By: Travis Wolford

Re: Back To The Fun - 12/11/14 07:59 PM

Love does need a license and some blood work too! Lol
Posted By: swampdonkey

Re: Back To The Fun - 12/11/14 08:27 PM

A women asked me I had any Bats for sale because she had a lot of mosquitos around her house..

Re: Back To The Fun - 12/11/14 08:31 PM

Tom, do you have black squirrels in Michigan? We get very, very, few but I would have saved her one. And then I would have personally

taken it to her. My experience with people like that is they are very poor and crazy or very rich and, well, crazier.
Posted By: bluebill

Re: Back To The Fun - 12/12/14 01:52 PM

Yes we have them. She told me she raises squirrels in her tub and carries them to the road each day so they learn what cars are. She is marked on my cell phone as crazy lady
© 2024 Trapperman Forums