Home

Winter gloves - what do you use for seal ups?

Posted By: EatenByLimestone

Winter gloves - what do you use for seal ups? - 11/21/14 11:48 PM

What allows enough dexterity for silicone yet keeps your hands warm?

I've been using a set of liners under a nitrile glove, sorta like the gloves your wife wears washing dishes.

I'm open to better ideas though.
Posted By: Jim Bethell

Re: Winter gloves - what do you use for seal ups? - 11/22/14 12:43 AM

If it is that cold, will silicone cure and hold?
Posted By: HD_Wildlife

Re: Winter gloves - what do you use for seal ups? - 11/23/14 02:11 AM

Once it's that cold most folks have stopped that type of sealing.

Are you talking bats or just in general. I'm with Jim.

Justin

Posted By: 1st RiverRat

Re: Winter gloves - what do you use for seal ups? - 11/23/14 04:37 AM

I use Nitrile gloves.I never use silicone winter or summer much better products out there that cant be chewed by mice and that stick in the cold and to damp surfaces. I just take off my warm gloves when I need to use sealant I put on the nitrile
Posted By: BUD25

Re: Winter gloves - what do you use for seal ups? - 11/23/14 05:11 AM

Duck tape:... If it's not working, your not using enough
Posted By: Travis Wolford

Re: Winter gloves - what do you use for seal ups? - 11/23/14 01:45 PM

How can you work with gloves on? You work in the cold long enough with no gloves and you will build up extra layers of skin and not need gloves. Gloves last me for ever, usually loose them long before they wear out. They get in my way and prohibit me from feeling what's going on.
Posted By: HD_Wildlife

Re: Winter gloves - what do you use for seal ups? - 11/24/14 08:11 PM

Personally I'm 50/50 on the gloves themselves, if we are just talking in general, I agree about suffering lack of dexterity with some gloves. I do
like to work bare handed as Travis mentions, however I do not like ending up with hands that are covered in paint, sealant, etc... often times that
won't come out for some time.

So, I do favor the purple nitrile gloves for caulking and other things, not that I wear them always, but depends on the day.

If I'm doing pigeon dropping mitigation, I am certainly wearing gloves, same goes for any dropping mitigation from any species frankly.

Dry cracked skin is a great way to inherit some new organisms for your immune system to cope with, so if you aren't ever using gloves while
coming in contact with lots of fecal matter, consider at least using something to keep your skin on your hands from getting overly dried out...

Bag balm and the like....

To the original post, northern safety and many others have a ton of gloves for different applications, check online, many would suit your need.
Posted By: Dave Schmidt

Re: Winter gloves - what do you use for seal ups? - 11/24/14 08:17 PM

What Travis said.
Still haven't found the perfect glove, but lately I'm liking a pair that's fabric with rubber coating on the palm & fingers.
Posted By: steelhead

Re: Winter gloves - what do you use for seal ups? - 12/01/14 12:54 AM

These are good,cheap protection gloves.

http://www.lowes.com/pd_495727-94953-LW3...&facetInfo=

I like these for cold weather.

http://www.amazon.com/BOSS-Frosty-Grip-Glove/dp/B006FNIZYY
Posted By: Mike K.

Re: Winter gloves - what do you use for seal ups? - 12/01/14 01:33 PM

Have you tried Invisible Glove? I use it when painting and it works great. I think Wal-Mart, ACE hardware and auto parts stores sell it as well.

http://www.gemplers.com/product/217124/Invisible-Glove-Protective-Hand-Coating
© 2024 Trapperman Forums