Home

New one on me!

Posted By: warrior

New one on me! - 11/11/14 12:28 AM

Got a call today for beaver raiding a dumpster at an apartment complex.

I just had to ask if she was sure it was a beaver. She was positive but I asked for a description anyway. Large with a flat tail was her answer. I still had to ask was she sure it didn't have a mask and ringed tail but she had photographic evidence to send by text. Sure enough a good size flat tail next to a dumpster.
I set her up for a look see and when I got there my faith was restored. The dumpster was well landscaped behind a hedge of knockout roses. But this is my first dumpster diving beaver.
Posted By: Malukchuk

Re: New one on me! - 11/11/14 12:42 AM

crazy
Posted By: BigBob

Re: New one on me! - 11/11/14 05:18 PM

That IS weird! Any idea what it was going for?

HBD Mal

Re: New one on me! - 11/11/14 07:24 PM

The knockout roses. Around here knockouts and crepe myrtle are flat tail candy.
Posted By: BigBob

Re: New one on me! - 11/11/14 11:21 PM

?, Is that folks in the apartments throwing out flowers? I don't see how there could be that many to cause a behavioral change like that. Is the dumpster very close to water? How do they get in it?

Re: New one on me! - 11/12/14 12:55 AM

The complex sits astride the north fork of Peachtree Creek. The beaver leave the water not 30 feet from the dumpster.
Posted By: Barehunter

Re: New one on me! - 11/12/14 10:16 PM

Probably a female...you should bait it with a dozen red roses.
Posted By: CDA Trapper

Re: New one on me! - 11/14/14 07:48 AM

One of the apartment owners is probably a trapper - tossing out castor scented trash. Lol.
Posted By: USMC47 🦫

Re: New one on me! - 11/14/14 08:19 AM

Beaver prolly has a shopping cart full of sticks and cans. I see some sorry people the same way here...lol.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums