Home

mole traps check interval

Posted By: DarkNight

mole traps check interval - 11/10/14 12:48 PM

I bought those mole traps you place inside the tunnel & cover back up. My memory is failing me on the guy who makes them but he's on here. How long would you guys recommend I let them sit before digging up to check them?
Thanks!
Posted By: Jim Bethell

Re: mole traps check interval - 11/10/14 01:44 PM

What does your law say about that?
Posted By: Mike K.

Re: mole traps check interval - 11/10/14 01:50 PM

I use the OOS traps on most setups but when using the traps manufactured by Steve Albano my first trap check is in 3 days (for either trap). However, this may differ between trappers due to season, schedules, level of activity, personal preferences, etc.
Posted By: warrior

Re: mole traps check interval - 11/10/14 02:13 PM

Originally Posted By: Jim Bethell
What does your law say about that?

THIS!

Just because a mole trap isn't a foothold or coni doesn't mean trap laws still don't apply.

BTW, the guy's name is Steve Albano.
Posted By: willvalley

Re: mole traps check interval - 11/11/14 02:48 AM

Mole and gopher traps here are not regulated. If I had to go by trapping regs I would have to check and remove carcasses at least once every 30 days which is the rule on traps set to kill.
That aside I check OOS traps every two days as it pays better then an everyday check. If using Trapline traps I will go four days. Most of the time the trapline traps are set for Coastal moles. They tend to travel more then the Townsends we have here, much more. The reason for the four day and at times longer check is so I do not have to reset as much and again it pays better.
Posted By: DarkNight

Re: mole traps check interval - 11/12/14 04:55 AM

Thanks to all, I appreciate the help!
Posted By: wiggler

Re: mole traps check interval - 11/13/14 02:45 PM

first check... 3-4 days... follow up checks once a week.
Posted By: Getting There

Re: mole traps check interval - 11/13/14 05:12 PM

First Check 3-4 days. follow up 4-5 days depending on work load.
Posted By: TRapper

Re: mole traps check interval - 11/14/14 12:35 AM

I check every monday and thursday
© 2024 Trapperman Forums