Home

Anyone near Fort Collins, CO? Solid job lead.

Posted By: Toby Like

Anyone near Fort Collins, CO? Solid job lead. - 11/07/14 01:40 AM

Please PM me. Thanks.

Toby

Re: Anyone near Fort Collins, CO? Solid job lead. - 11/14/14 05:03 PM

It is a residential porcupine job. One of my customer's daughters is having some issues.
Posted By: HD_Wildlife

Re: Anyone near Fort Collins, CO? Solid job lead. - 11/14/14 05:35 PM

Hey Toby,

Not in the area but curious dog quilled or tree damage? I get both here. Trees can be wrapped and painted if DBH is reasonable. We've done saplings and large mature trees both resolved the issue for the clients.

Dogs being quilled is tougher without a good perimeter. With a good perimeter and the proper design electric deterrent (strand or two of smooth wire) can be effective for the long run.

Of course trap and removal also works but doesn't stop a future quilling by another porcupine who shows up and is first seen by fido...

Just some thoughts in case she doesn't find someone.

Justin

Re: Anyone near Fort Collins, CO? Solid job lead. - 11/15/14 02:52 AM

Dog quilled.

Her mom sent me a photo of the poor pup and was scared to death that the "deadly" porcupine was going to "attack" her grand daughter.

According to the mom, the daughter lives on campus at the local U. That is about all the details I know other than the mom is great customer for me here in IN and would probably pay handsomely for someone to take care of it.
Posted By: LAtrapper

Re: Anyone near Fort Collins, CO? Solid job lead. - 11/15/14 04:25 AM

Summitt Hill,
You might be able to find someone through the Colorado Wildlife Control Operators Association- http://www.cwcoa.org/.
You may have to contact one of the members listed on the site. Some members have contact phone numbers and web sites listed.

EDIT: You can also try- http://www.nwcoa.com/westernregion.html
Posted By: HD_Wildlife

Re: Anyone near Fort Collins, CO? Solid job lead. - 11/15/14 05:47 AM

Toby,

I've had more of those deals where they were terrified the kids were going to be attacked by porcupines than I can count this summer which is funny to me since I live in the desert. They live very well in the cottonwood along the river have had folks with 10 quills in the pup, others with hundreds in all three pups at the same time talk about some vet bills!

Most of the folks I get called by are so prone to another porcupine we really push the idea of going out into the small residential yard and "clearing" it before you let out the pups.
Posted By: remrogers

Re: Anyone near Fort Collins, CO? Solid job lead. - 11/28/14 05:37 AM

Some idiot on the Colorado Game Commission thought they needed to be protected, so they did. Didn't stop ranchers though. They don't like calves getting a face full of quills.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums