Home

Magnetic Truck Signs

Posted By: Scott Ursiny Sr.

Magnetic Truck Signs - 11/06/14 01:02 PM

Who has purchased quality truck signs and where? Unfortunately, we must replace the ones that we just purchased this year, because they're junk. Not looking to make that mistake again! Thanks friends!
Posted By: sgs

Re: Magnetic Truck Signs - 11/06/14 01:30 PM

I've had magnetic signs in the past. Some of the important points for me are, in no particular order...

Have the background painted the color of your vehicle.

Hand painted lettering causes less wind drag than vinyl stick-ons and can be touched up.

The corners should be rounded and the edges beveled.

This is all custom work of course but there are still some old time sign makers around. They generally do a better job than the mail order variety.
Posted By: JBarnes6767

Re: Magnetic Truck Signs - 11/06/14 01:38 PM

The best prices seemed to be at 123 print last time I ordered in 2012, but if I were to order today I would use Vista Print. I have ordered several times from them and they stand behind their products and are of good quality.
Posted By: Mike K.

Re: Magnetic Truck Signs - 11/06/14 07:07 PM

JMO - My experience with magnetic signs from Vistaprint was not very good. They are very thin and holding ability was poor. I lost four signs in a short period of time. Having them made locally with heavier magnetic sheets would be worth the small additional cost.
Posted By: swampdonkey

Re: Magnetic Truck Signs - 11/06/14 09:05 PM

I had Magnetic signs from Vista print also...be prepared to go chasing your signs as they fly off ...They also faded the paint on my doors
Posted By: Dave Schmidt

Re: Magnetic Truck Signs - 11/07/14 04:04 AM

Wow, good info. And you do know that the signs and the paint beneath them should be washed frequently, right?
Posted By: Scott Ursiny Sr.

Re: Magnetic Truck Signs - 11/07/14 05:31 PM

Thanks for all the info! We have ordered products from Vista Print, but the reviews on their own website were not very good, for the magnetic signs. The vihicle is not a dedicated work truck, so we didn't want to decorate it just yet.
Posted By: Paul Winkelmann

Re: Magnetic Truck Signs - 11/07/14 10:19 PM

Dave, asking on behalf of all the employees of Advanced Wildlife Control, what is this word "washed" that you speak of?
Posted By: Dave Schmidt

Re: Magnetic Truck Signs - 11/08/14 03:07 AM

a purely theoretical concept circulated by the auto industry...
© 2024 Trapperman Forums