Home

ADC business help

Posted By: trapping idaho

ADC business help - 11/03/14 08:14 PM

Well I'm only 17 and I want to start a ADC business but what do I need to do to get started? Where do I need to get the business papers from? Can I do a private business? Anything you guys want to throw in their I'd really appreciate it thank you!
Posted By: DaveK

Re: ADC business help - 11/03/14 08:30 PM

Awesome! You will find that there are a bunch of steps to take, but once you get the ball rolling...you will keep knocking them off. Look online for the paperwork to start an S corp...in your state.
Posted By: Paul Winkelmann

Re: ADC business help - 11/03/14 09:02 PM

idaho, my grandson aced one of our harder pest control tests and made more money in a month at 17 years of age than I ever did at 27.

Keep an open mind, keep learning, and by all means, keep having fun!
Posted By: _fletch_

Re: ADC business help - 11/06/14 01:37 AM

Originally Posted By: DaveK
Awesome! You will find that there are a bunch of steps to take, but once you get the ball rolling...you will keep knocking them off. Look online for the paperwork to start an S corp...in your state.
Why an S corporation instead of an LLC? I'm preparing to take my NWCO test here in Kentucky but have only just begun looking at the business aspects of it.

Re: ADC business help - 11/06/14 01:49 AM

Well, that is a decision you have to make. There are pros and cons to each. It's been awhile since I compared the two. But, members of an LLC are subject to employment tax on the entire net income of the business. Speaking from experience, it is not difficult to maintain the paperwork for a S Corp. I have a meeting every year with the shareholder (myself), board of Directors (me), President (yours truely), Secretary (yeah, I do it). It's an interesting conversation.

Read up on them and decide for yourself.
http://www.sba.gov/blogs/should-my-company-be-llc-s-corp-or-both
Posted By: _fletch_

Re: ADC business help - 11/06/14 01:59 AM

Originally Posted By: DaveK
Well, that is a decision you have to make. There are pros and cons to each. It's been awhile since I compared the two. But, members of an LLC are subject to employment tax on the entire net income of the business. Speaking from experience, it is not difficult to maintain the paperwork for a S Corp. I have a meeting every year with the shareholder (myself), board of Directors (me), President (yours truely), Secretary (yeah, I do it). It's an interesting conversation.

Read up on them and decide for yourself.
http://www.sba.gov/blogs/should-my-company-be-llc-s-corp-or-both
Thanks for the link. I read it, and now my head hurts a little, haha. A lot to consider...

Re: ADC business help - 11/06/14 02:09 AM

Don't despair...hard work has its reward.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums