Home

No Mol

Posted By: EatenByLimestone

No Mol - 10/22/14 09:10 PM

The boss handed me 8 of these mole traps to try out.

Anybody have any experience with them? They look to avoid the bedding issue, but I'm suspect of the trigger. Is suppose time will tell, but it never hurts to ask for experiences.
Posted By: Bob Jameson

Re: No Mol - 10/23/14 01:11 AM

All mole traps work with practice in getting the setting mechanics down pat.I have tried them all over the years and have caught with all of them. I prefer another type due to preference and having experience with all the others. Work them and compare them to others you have used. There are lots of opinions and those that prefer one over others. I still use some spears and O/S in shallow runs where those traps work very well just to keep in practice.
Posted By: Jonesie

Re: No Mol - 10/23/14 12:01 PM

I like them, Do just as Bob stated play with them to get use to using them, and mark them well has they can disappear fast when the grass if growing and the grass cutters don't care what they run over.
Posted By: mousie

Re: No Mol - 10/24/14 11:39 AM

Originally Posted By: EatenByLimestone

Anybody have any experience with them? They look to avoid the bedding issue, but I'm suspect of the trigger. Is suppose time will tell, but it never hurts to ask for experiences.

you should have handed them back and told them to get some big boy traps. steve albanos are far superior!
Posted By: Getting There

Re: No Mol - 10/24/14 03:34 PM

I use one style trap more than others. But if the moles start to avoid, trip, or dig under I go to another. But I always check the bedding first before going to another style trap. Always have a back up trap.
Posted By: EatenByLimestone

Re: No Mol - 10/25/14 12:55 AM

Originally Posted By: mousie
Originally Posted By: EatenByLimestone

you should have handed them back and told them to get some big boy traps. steve albanos are far superior!

I love my Albanos. No question about how good of a trap they are. I'm always looking for more traps though. I always seem to be looking at an empty trap box sitting on my passenger seat.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums