Home

Permanent solutions for digging

Posted By: Throw Back

Permanent solutions for digging - 10/11/14 03:58 PM

A client is having trouble with coons and skunks digging around her retaining wall around her yard. I am trapping them out now, but is there a way I could reasonably prevent more from taking their place? Her two acres is fenced, but that only does so much.
Posted By: Getting There

Re: Permanent solutions for digging - 10/11/14 05:09 PM

I would take welded wire or hardware cloth and bend it into a L one side being shorter than the other and put the short side next to the retaining wall and the other facing out. Make sure the long side go out 18 inches or so. Be sure you put the wire on the outside of the wall. JMO. But we know there is more than one way to skin a sqr.
Posted By: Paul Winkelmann

Re: Permanent solutions for digging - 10/11/14 07:28 PM

Wow, 2 acres? If she trenched the whole thing, the cost of you trapping all the animals every year would probably be less. I'd be

interested in knowing if any of the guys on here have done a project like that.
Posted By: Dave Schmidt

Re: Permanent solutions for digging - 10/14/14 01:33 AM

Yeah, kind of like exclusion for moles: is it possible?...yes. Is it feasible? No...but (always remember) if the customer wants to cough it up, who am I to disagree?
Posted By: coonwacka

Re: Permanent solutions for digging - 10/14/14 02:09 AM

I agree with Everet! I dig about 1' down and 1' out and bend 1/2" x 1/2" 19 ga hardware cloth in L shape. Usually under decks and I can screw it to the end joist. Keeps ghogs and raccoons out, so far, every time! Knock on wood! Not sure how to attach to block, so it still has curb appeal....
Posted By: RF Wildlife

Re: Permanent solutions for digging - 10/14/14 11:49 PM

Tap cons work well for block.
Posted By: Jonesie

Re: Permanent solutions for digging - 10/15/14 12:08 AM

why are they digging?
Posted By: 1st RiverRat

Re: Permanent solutions for digging - 10/15/14 04:58 AM

Hot wire ??
Posted By: Throw Back

Re: Permanent solutions for digging - 10/15/14 05:54 AM

Originally Posted By: Jonesie
why are they digging?

well watered lawn in a drought.
Posted By: Jonesie

Re: Permanent solutions for digging - 10/15/14 09:09 PM

well I guess your not getting ride of the food source.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums