Home

MChewk Might Like This One Too

Posted By: Paul Winkelmann

MChewk Might Like This One Too - 09/27/14 10:13 PM

Got a call right off the bat this morning. 5 blocks west and 3 blocks north. ( Yeah, I thought it was great too ) Then I find the

most cantankerous raccoon ever, underneath this guy's good-sized utility shed. It wouldn't come out, pass out, or do anything

else to make my lifer easier. After nearly two hours of fruitless effort, I finally gave up and set a couple of cages and left. A

couple hours later my wife calls and says the the coon had come out and was not in great health and had crawled back under the

shed and could I go check on it? Hey, it's less than a mile away! You know how I feel about local advertising. So I go back, this

time with a .22 short gallery gun. I walk up to the shed and I see this ringed tail sticking out. Now if you guys were paying

attention, will recall that my offspring are all college graduates, while I do not have the brains that God gave a flea. So I

grab the striped tail, and sure enough, there was a raccoon attached other end. And not a very happy raccoon either. After 5 or

six tries and as many "open the cage with one hand", I finally managed to cage my raccoon without firing a shot. What I didn't

know was that the neighbors were watching and that I did get a round of applause for my effort. All though I never paid a nickel

and instead, got paid for a job well done, this was great advertising, even if it wasn't planned.
Posted By: MChewk

Re: MChewk Might Like This One Too - 09/27/14 10:48 PM

My Hero! lol Good job Paul.

Had one like that EXCEPT it was a PAYING customer.
A medium sized was coon curled up in a ball on a sidewalk. I drove out thinking OK it probably won't be CURLED UP ON THE SIDEWALK when I arrive...but it was.
Distemper hit this critter bad....shivering, eyes goopy...put my gloves on and thought I'll just grab the tail and pop it in the cage. Once the tail was grabbed.... it CAME ALIVE! I hung on tight and managed to get in the cage. Put the cage in my truck and turned around to find several passerby's watching me...they all started clapping...I almost tripped over my cape getting back in my truck....lol
Posted By: Dave Schmidt

Re: MChewk Might Like This One Too - 10/01/14 01:57 AM

I use this thing called a net...
Posted By: MChewk

Re: MChewk Might Like This One Too - 10/01/14 09:33 AM

In my best Spanish...NET? I don't use no stinking net! I did have a catch pole with me...

Re: MChewk Might Like This One Too - 10/01/14 03:48 PM

Besides, you probably don't have a lot of customers that will pay for butterfly removal, right?
Posted By: Travis Wolford

Re: MChewk Might Like This One Too - 10/01/14 04:49 PM

Oh my gosh, you have no idea how many butterfly removal calls I get! Well more like rescues, my daughter knows how to speed dial me with my wife's phone. She thinks they all need caught so she can keep them. I've bought countless nets but my son ruins them all catching chickens.

Re: MChewk Might Like This One Too - 10/01/14 09:14 PM

Travis, my father would not have taught me the difference between butterflies and chickens either. It's a learning experience. But

ruining countless nets? that definitely calls for some parental guidance.

Re: MChewk Might Like This One Too - 10/01/14 11:11 PM

A little banty rooster doesn't even slow down for a cheap butterfly net Paul. Fishing nets work for a while but them spurs win in the end.

Re: MChewk Might Like This One Too - 10/01/14 11:13 PM

He's 4 by the way. I figure let him have fun now, he will have to grow up soon enough.

Re: MChewk Might Like This One Too - 10/02/14 03:37 AM

Why will he have to grow up? You and I never did. We have just as much fun now as when we were 4.

Re: MChewk Might Like This One Too - 10/02/14 02:42 PM

You have a valid point.

Re: MChewk Might Like This One Too - 10/02/14 02:42 PM

When is the WCT?
Posted By: Eric Arnold

Re: MChewk Might Like This One Too - 10/02/14 10:32 PM

Travis,

The 21st Annual WCT Wildlife Control Instructional Seminar will be October 30 & 31, 2014 at the Campbell House in Lexington, Kentucky. You can view the schedule at www.wctmagazine.com/training.htm.

Re: MChewk Might Like This One Too - 10/02/14 11:55 PM

Thanks Eric
© 2024 Trapperman Forums