Home

Word that can cause you to lose out on insurance

Posted By: animaloutlaws

Word that can cause you to lose out on insurance - 09/22/14 01:03 AM

I thought this would be a good subject to address. What are things you shouldn't say or state when writing a final bid estimate for insurance work. I am not sure this is true but I was told never to use the word “exclusion” on any insurance bid work. If any one has anything to add I am sure we all would greatly appreciate it.
Posted By: bjansma

Re: Word that can cause you to lose out on insurance - 09/22/14 01:30 AM

Most insurance policies exclude birds, insects, rodents, and domestic animals. If you have an attic that has had raccoons and squirrels I am not mentioning the squirrels because they are rodents.
While the removal of animals is not covered, only the repair of damage caused by animals, some insurance companies do pay for the prevention of further damage. So exclusion when portrayed in that light may be paid.
Posted By: Paul Winkelmann

Re: Word that can cause you to lose out on insurance - 09/22/14 02:15 AM

I have heard that many insurance companies were trying to limit all animal damage but I'm guessing that with all the competition in

homeowners insurance industry, that probably fizzled. I do think if you know of any large companies that have cut back or eliminated

animal damage payments, they should be kept track of on a site such as this so that we can keep customers informed. On the bright

side, I had a situation some years back where raccoons were tearing the siding off of the house to get at the insect larva. It didn't

take a math genius to figure out that it was cheaper to pay for me to trap the raccoons once, than to pay for residing often.
Posted By: c walker

Re: Word that can cause you to lose out on insurance - 09/22/14 04:25 AM

I have found that a lot of the insurance agents will try to tell you that they don't cover rodents so they won't pay for any damage done by raccoons. Apparently they think raccoons are rodents.

State farm covers aanything except rodents, birds , and bugs. However the most of the agents will tell you they won't cover damages from any animal. So you have to insist on speaking with the agency and they will try everything to keep from paying but like we all know raccoons are not rodents. So they have to pay if it doesn't say all animals.

Insurance agents are trained to deceive you without lying to you you just have to stay at it and not take there crap.
Posted By: Vinke

Re: Word that can cause you to lose out on insurance - 09/23/14 01:08 AM

Quote:

Insurance agents are trained to deceive you without lying to you

ding!
© 2024 Trapperman Forums