Home

Vole problem, any suggestions?

Posted By: skorittnig1977

Vole problem, any suggestions? - 09/16/14 02:33 AM

Hi all, I am trapping for a nice family that has a Fruit-farm. In checking with them to see if I could trap their property this year, the wife mentioned to me that many of her fruit trees were chewed on at the bases presumably by voles this past year. Are there any tricks, or is there anything they can do to prevent this or at least minimize it?

These little guys were very destructive to their trees. In fact, they lost quite a few. On a positive note, they are letting me return to trap this year.
Posted By: Paul Winkelmann

Re: Vole problem, any suggestions? - 09/16/14 04:02 PM

You've got at least two methods that work. Bait stations filled with poison, and Ron Sheller's method of covered mouse traps in trails. I've used both and I would go with the mouse traps right now if the trails are evident and the bait boxes all winter long under the snow.
Posted By: skorittnig1977

Re: Vole problem, any suggestions? - 09/18/14 12:35 PM

I will do this. By the way, what kind of poison, what kind of bait, and how do you put it together? Thank you very much for your help.
Posted By: Travis Wolford

Re: Vole problem, any suggestions? - 09/18/14 02:49 PM

Kaput
Posted By: Mike K.

Re: Vole problem, any suggestions? - 09/18/14 05:43 PM

Mouse traps and covers work great on the voles and shrews in my area. You're also able to bag them to show the results. (That is if other shrews haven't eaten them.)
Posted By: EatenByLimestone

Re: Vole problem, any suggestions? - 09/21/14 05:59 PM

I have great luck with covered mouse traps. I often get some before I finish setting up.
Posted By: LAtrapper

Re: Vole problem, any suggestions? - 09/21/14 07:29 PM

If you haven’t already perused it, you may find some useful information in this link. The video is no longer available.
Trapline Products - Getting Rid of Moles, Gophers and Voles- http://www.traplineproducts.com/voles.html
© 2024 Trapperman Forums